Thread: HTTP Error 500

Plugin Contributions

red flag HTTP Error 500

Hi all, First time posting here, and not 100% sure ive posted in the correct section,

Problem i have is last night i was changing the layout of my invoice.php packingslip.php & the english.php (in admin/includes/languages/)

before i changed these files i did make copys of all 3 of them incase there was any faults etc with them,

as soon as the changes was made (instructed by the artical at https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=158 )

i started getting this error:

"Server error
    The website encountered an error while retrieving http://f o n e c h o i c e.org/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this web page later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request."

i can access the admin area fine, i just cant access my catalog, i replaced the 3 files i changed with the default files and still the problem persists, i did google the problem and search ur forums and most seem to surguest moving the .htaccess file, which i did by downloading from my server then deleting from my server so i still had a copy available to replace if need be

Im currently hosted at Godaddy run a linux based server, running PHP 5, and im also running zencart 1.3.9h.

i did search the forum but couldnt find anyone with the exact same problem, so sorry if its seems like a repeat post

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTTP Error 500

Well, a 500 Internal Server Error could either be a .htaccess issue, or else a PHP Fatal Error.

.htaccess errors won't show up in your Error Log but a PHP Fatal Error should. So access your site via FTP and see if there are any error logs available - if not then look at the Error Log in your web hosting control panel.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

unfortunaly im on Economy Hosting, and this preticular hosting does not support error logging,

if it is a php fatal error how do i go about solving this? i really dont want to have to reinstall the hole site if i dont have to because i was within a day of 2 of having it completed

Plugin Contributions

Time to find a new Hoster as even the most basic of Hosting packages nowadays will provide for Error logging. Zen Cart also provides Error logging in the 'cache' dir. Do you see any debug files in there?

You could also create a basic HTML page, called 'index.htm' and upload that to see if it works. It will help narrow down where the problem is.

Plugin Contributions

Honestly - with all that has been said about GoDaddy hosting in general, and about their "Simple Control Panel" in particular, you are best off either moving to a better host or else upgrading with GoDaddy so that you do get the features you need.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

i looked in the cache fild and have download 26 debug files from around the time the site crashed, not got a clue what im looking in these errors, im gonna go through them now and see if anything stands outs,

as for godaddy i have about 4/5 sites hosted with them but this is the first time ive experienced this

Plugin Contributions

ok all error logs around that time are saying

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw() (previously declared in /html/includes/languages/pure_green_free/english.php:37) in /html/includes/languages/english.php on line 42

im gona try replacing those files with the orginals and see what happens,

i think i acturly edited those lastnight to change the weight from Lbs to Kg's

Plugin Contributions

ok after replacing those to files all seems to be working fine,

Thanks for your help everyone, this as been stressing me allday, wish i posted on here alittle sooner now lol