Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

If you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and click on USPS ... what do you see in the right handle panel?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Could you also go to the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... and in the bottom input box enter:
    USPS GXG Envelopes

then select Catalog and click Search ... what comes up?

NOTE: do NOT show your secret Admin directory name ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Please go back and get from post #26 the January 2, 2011 C version of the USPS and do the:

1 Save Settings

2 REMOVE

3 reload the usps.php to:
    /includes/shipping/usps.php

4 INSTALL

5 re-configure

You appear to have the wrong version installed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

For those of you with the looking to let the customer choose if they want insurance or not I am currently using this module - Optional Shipping Insurance Module

The thread for that module is here - Optional Shipping Insurance Module Support Thread

Now for my question....
    Would it be/is it possible to set up the Package Dimensions Config to use volumes and or volume totals of products to dictate box size?
    This type of a set up would be ideal!
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

It does that right now with volume filtering. The volume of all the USPS flatrate boxes is contained within the addon and it uses the volumes of the products to get a total volume of the products within the cart. If the volume of the product exceeds the volume of the box, the box is no longer available for the customer to choose.

One of my examples is that I know that I can fit 5 of one item within a small flatrate box and 7 of that item within an O--1996L box. If a customer orders 6 of that item, the small flatrate box is no longer an option. When they have 8 of that item, the Regional A flatrate and Med Flat rate boxes and larger are options.

Maybe I didn't understand your question.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

The way I understand it is that volume filtering excludes the flat rate boxes... What I would like to do with it is to have the box size selected by total volume.

For example we have a particular item that has to ship in a 8x8x17 box but only weighs 2.5lbs, this makes filtering by weight an issue because we also have smaller items that weigh 8lbs but would fit in a 10x6x4 box.

If the config used (L)x(w)x(h);(volume) as the parameter it would make this the ULTIMATE shipping module.
    I could probably "hack" my way through this, but it might take me a week to figure it out... Just hoping someone more proficient at php would know if it was possible.

Plugin Contributions

Can't help you with that but Marco can probably shed some light on that. What USPS class are you wanting to use for your example?

Volume filtering is specifically for FlatRate boxes since the volume of the FR boxes is embedded within this USPS addon. You just modify your product weights to also include the product volumes.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikestaps View Post
    The way I understand it is that volume filtering excludes the flat rate boxes... What I would like to do with it is to have the box size selected by total volume.

For example we have a particular item that has to ship in a 8x8x17 box but only weighs 2.5lbs, this makes filtering by weight an issue because we also have smaller items that weigh 8lbs but would fit in a 10x6x4 box.
    I see the problem. If I added a config parameter for volume/dimensions config I guess that could do the job.

Box Sizes for Volumes
    Code:
    10x6x4;240
    8x8x17;1088
    Then you setup some box sizes for your shop so the quote can qualify for the balloon rate when it's needed.

Plugin Contributions

My USPS Priority orders has more than quadrupled since I installed this mod! I think it is due to the fact that the USPS first class estimated delivery time shows either 6 days or 7 days, when in fact it is more like 3-4 days from West Coast to East Coast. Have I done something wrong which causes the First Class to show up with higher estimated times?

Wondering if my orders are being affected by the longer estimated times. *old USPS module had 2-5 days listed.

Thanks.
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I see the problem. If I added a config parameter for volume/dimensions config I guess that could do the job.

Box Sizes for Volumes
    Code:
    10x6x4;240
    8x8x17;1088
    Then you setup some box sizes for your shop so the quote can qualify for the balloon rate when it's needed.
    That would be awesome!
    I was thinking about possibly modding the core files a little bit to include a volume field in the product set up as well to achieve this. My idea was to hunt out the weight config stuff, copy it, change it to volume, and add in the appropriate definitions, fields, etc.
    Your way sounds much faster!!!

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast