Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    My module allows for a volume value (cubic inches) which is separate from weight.

What you can do is set volume high for items that are oversized. Then apply a set of dimensions for orders above volume x that allows you to qualify for balloon rate.
    So are you saying that regular sized products would be priced by actual weight and oversized by the volume value?

In the package with the dimensions given above the ballon rate is 20 lbs. (US Zones 1-4), the dimensional weight is 26 lbs (US Zones 5-8), the international weight (actual) is 5 lbs. How would setting the volume high diffrentiate between these so an accurate shipping fee is charged?

Plugin Contributions

Yes,

The volume is used by the module internally. USPS is told the origin, destination, dimensions, and weight. Shipping quotes are returned based on all that info.

The USPS API Server knows it's own rates for different services and destinations.

Plugin Contributions

I can't seem to figure out how to set this up properly.

The Dimension Calculation is set to volume.

There are three test products:

#1 weighs 5 lbs. and measures 26 x 38 x 5. Product weight is entered at 5.000004940 to represent 5 lbs. & the volume (cubic inches) of 4940

#2 weighs 5 lbs. and measures 29 x 40 x 5. Product weight is entered at 5.000005800 to represent 5 lbs. & the volume (cubic inches) of 5800

#3 weighs 5 lbs. and measures 18 x 22 x 5. Product weight is entered at 5.000001980 to represent 5 lbs. & the volume (cubic inches) of 1980

I guess that the Volume Dimension Config has to be changed from the pre-set of: 12x12x12;+ to something else. It can't just be one setup because each of the above sizes work out to different dimensional weights. Help please?

Plugin Contributions

I'm assuming that you are using my test version though I wonder how you managed to get a copy since I never got a pm from you asking for a copy!

How did you get it?

First turn on xml debug mode and show me what the module does in the debug box.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I'm assuming that you are using my test version though I wonder how you managed to get a copy since I never got a pm from you asking for a copy!
    Hi Marco,

Sorry about that - I am using your test version. PM sent.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have decided to release another test version of the module.

This one has a language file included which makes it compatible with the zencart v1.5 beta.

The language file has all the new services added and allows you to customise your shipping service names for each language.

Let me know how it goes in the comments below! There might be some glitches so don't use this on a live site yet.

I've spoken with a few people now and the general consensus is people want volume or dimensions to be a separate field in the products admin section so I have decided to start in that direction with the next release of the module.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Marco,
    First I want to THANK YOU for making this module. It's made life so much easier over the "stock" version.

I'm using your ver1.21 dated Aug 29th and trying to use volume filtering. I ran the sql script, activated volume filtering in the module and added the following weight to my test item: 39.40000129920 (Yes, this is a large sucker... dimensions 16x28x29... length + girth = 117")

I only offer 4 USPS services (Priority & Express to non-ContUS) and (Priority & Express International to all non-US countries). No flat rate boxes. I'm still getting quotes for my test item when there's no way USPS will ship it! What am I missing?

THANK YOU again.
    Kind Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottj View Post
    Hi Marco,
    First I want to THANK YOU for making this module. It's made life so much easier over the "stock" version.

I'm using your ver1.21 dated Aug 29th and trying to use volume filtering. I ran the sql script, activated volume filtering in the module and added the following weight to my test item: 39.40000129920 (Yes, this is a large sucker... dimensions 16x28x29... length + girth = 117")

I only offer 4 USPS services (Priority & Express to non-ContUS) and (Priority & Express International to all non-US countries). No flat rate boxes. I'm still getting quotes for my test item when there's no way USPS will ship it! What am I missing?

THANK YOU again.
    Kind Regards,
    Scott
    Also, I manually added max volumes to the 4 methods in the module file arrays and I still get quotes. Hmmm....

Plugin Contributions

Hi Scott,

You are welcome!

Since you have enabled volume based filtering you can do some tweaking in the module to have it filter the shipping services appropriately.

There are 2 large arrays in the module close to the beginning.

Edit the volume values at line 121, 139, 220, 226.

If the volume values are set to 0 the module will not filter those services based on volume. I didn't set values for those services since the dimensions can vary.

Maybe I should set sane maximum values to all those services.

Hope now that it does what you need it to do.

Marco

Plugin Contributions

I tried this module on 3 websites. One is a new installed zencart website. Only the international shipping works. There's no domestic quote at all. Something wrong?

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast