Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS RateV4, IntlRateV2 Language File

Good morning Ken,

The USPS V3 last updated by Ajeh is the most current and supported USPS module. You can try using the language file from Ajeh's V3 version with RateV4. I haven't a clue whether full functionality will be achieved or whether it would be considered stepping on toes since you would be blending 2 competing versions. The RateV4/IntlV2 has not been confirmed as functional in V1.5x but it does offer a more enhanced option set.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I am having trouble with international first class not showing up. I've read that a few people have also fixed this, but am unable to do it myself. The closest I came to fixing it was renaming Package to Parcel as RixStix suggested in post #163. That got First Class to show up, but the small priority option disappeared. There are a lot of uses of the word Package in the USPS file. I tried to find the right ones. Can anyone offer any more suggestions? I appologize in advance if I missed the fix in this thread. I have admit that after about 15 pages my eyes started to glaze over. :-)
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Assuming that you are using zencart V1.3.9H,
    Starting with an unedited version of the file:
    Includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

Below are the changes that I made.

Around line 247, change 2 instances of the word Package to Parcel.

Code:
    'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**'=>

array('maxWeight'=>70, 'maxGL'=>'', 'volume'=>70, 'maxLength'=>'11', 'maxWidth'=>'8.5','maxHeight'=>'0.75', 'name'=>'First Class Mail Int Lrg Env'), // ID="14" 

'First-Class Mail International Package**'=>

array('maxWeight'=>70, 'maxGL'=>'', 'volume'=>0, 'maxLength'=>'', 'maxWidth'=>'','maxHeight'=>'', 'name'=>'First Class Mail Int Package'), // ID="15" 

'First-Class Mail International Letter**'=>
    Around line 275, Change 2 instances of the word Package to Parcel
    Code:
     'First Class Mail Int Lrg Env' => 'First-Class Mail International Large Envelope**',

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Package**',

'First Class Mail Int Letter' => 'First-Class Mail International Letter**'
    I hope this helps. Starting with a fresh copy of the file should get you back to a known starting point where all the FlatRate boxes show up. If not, the issue could be related to any filtering options that you have enabled.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

RixStix,

Thank you for your quick response! I'll give that a try on Monday.

Here is the shipping scenarios that I am trying to accomplish. Up until now I have sold small parts that always fit in a 4x6x3 or a small flat rate box. Now I have a kit that includes enough parts to not fit in either of those boxes. The kit will fit in a 12x9x3 or a medium flat rate box.

Scenario 1:
    Customer buys a part. First Class (domestic or international) and small flat rate box are the only options presented during checkout.

Scenario 2:
    Customer buys a kit. For a domestic customer: Parcel Post (the kit weighs 1.5 lbs) and medium flat rate box, or for an international customer: First Class international or medium flat rate box are the only options presented during checkout.

Is that possible with this shipping module? If so, would this be accomplished by using weight or volume filtering?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to add that I am using 1.3.9H.

Plugin Contributions

RixStix,

I made your changes and it worked until I turned on filtering. After figuring that out, everything works great!

Thank you very much!!!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it working. It does take a little 'fiddlin' with product volumes if you use that filtering. We know that 5 of one item will fit into a small FR box, 7 in a LargeVideo O-1096L, so we adjusted the individual products to 13 cu inches and the filtering works like a charm.

FYI: There is no volume set for the max allowed in First Class. We use 12.5 cu inches so that anything over will remove the 1st class option because we don't want to allow our 13 cu inch items to be shipped via 1st class.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I just added the latest USPS shipping module to my site (this wasn't any upgrade just a new addition to V.1.5.1 of Zen Cart) and I threw in a test product to see if it was working. I Put the test product in my shopping cart and went there where I found the Shipping Estimate link. I clicked it, added my location information and calculated.

The resulting shipping estimate page doesn't have the USPS shipping on it. It had all the ones that were automatically active like Flat Rate and Per Item which I have since gone in and removed, but I can't figure out how I make the calculated USPS rates appear there.

I've been searching the forum but haven't been able to find anyone that addressed this problem so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I do already have my account number from USPS and have switched to production as I attempted to build this store last year so already had the codes.

Thanks for any light you can shine on the problem.

Plugin Contributions

RixStix,

Thanks kindly for the response. Actually, I'm quite happy to use Ajeh's Rate V3, as this version installed without a hitch. I just assumed (stupidly, of course) that I ought to push through on the RateV4 because it would be the most current. I only want the module to work, so (with your assurance about the Rate V3 being the most current and supported USPS module), I'll just go with that. I've never actually corresponded with Ajeh, but I've read countless of her posts, and they've led me easily through the ZenCart implementation when otherwise I would have been going rather nuts.

Thanks again,

Ken Baker

Plugin Contributions

FYI, looks like our annual USPS change is coming. Hope someone will make the necessary changes to the code.

Web Tools customer;

On January 27, 2013, the Postal Service will update domestic pricing and mailing standards and international prices and product features. For detailed information on prices, mailing standards and new product features, please reference the Federal Register Notices and Pricing Files viewable at http://pe.usps.com/.

Price Change updates will be available in the Web Tools testing environment for integrator access on or around January 14, 2013. The test environment can be accessed, using your production UserID, via the following URL scheme, host and path:
    - Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll
    - Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll

Below is a summary of changes to each affected API. Please note that the changes below are intended to be backwards compatible, however, may not be depending on how individual programs and applications are integrated with the APIs. If you rely upon a third party developer (e.g. software or ecommerce/cart provider) for USPS products and services on your website or in your application, please direct any questions to them.

Domestic Rate Calculator APIs
    - RateV4
    o Updated product and extra service prices
    o Parcel Post renamed Standard Post
    § When <Service>= “ALL,” ”ONLINE,” or “PARCEL POST”, WebTools ClientServiceID="4" (MailService=“Parcel PostŪ”) will return as MailService=“Standard PostŪ”
    § New <Service> enumeration “STANDARD POST” will be available and return Standard Post single-piece postage and extra services pricing and availability
    o Delivery Confirmation renamed USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation
    § When <Revision>=”2” and <Service> is not “ALL,” ”ONLINE,” “PLUS”, WebTools SpecialService ServiceID="13" (ServiceName=“Delivery Confirmation™”) will return as ServiceName=“USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation™”
    - RateV3
    § When <Service>= “ALL,” ”ONLINE,” or “PARCEL POST”, WebTools ClientServiceID="4" (MailService=“Parcel PostŪ”) will return as MailService=“Standard PostŪ”

Domestic Label APIs
    - Express Mail Label (ExpressMailLabel) and Hold For Pickup Express (HoldForPickupExpress)
    o Intelligent MailŪ Package Barcode (IMpb)
    § Presence of optional NineDigitRoutingZip tag as the final tag of the request will trigger the return of the IMpb barcode on January 27, 2013
    § The IMpb barcode will be returned in all responses effective February 24, 2013
    § For more information on the IMpb, please reference https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=intellmailpackage
    - Delivery/Signature Confirmation (DeliveryConfirmationV2, V3, V4; SignatureConfirmationV3, V4)
    § New <ServiceType> enumeration “STANDARD POST” will be available
    o Label Image Changes:
    § Product banner text updates for rebranding of “Parcel Post” to “Standard Post”
    § Service banner text updates for rebranding of “Delivery Confirmation™” service to “USPS TRACKING #”
    - Merchandise Return Service (MerchandiseReturnV2, V3, V4)
    o Intelligent MailŪ Package Barcode (IMpb)
    § Response will return 30 digit IMpb barcode format as default
    § <NineDigitRoutingZip> tag (optional tag, optional value) added as the last request tag to indicate five or nine digit routing zip code (30 and 34-digit IMpb barcode).
    § New <ServiceType> enumeration “STANDARD POST” will be available
    o Label Image Changes:
    § Product banner text updates for rebranding of “Parcel Post” to “Standard Post”

International Rate Calculator APIs
    - IntlRateV2 and IntlRate
    o USPS e-Delivery Confirmation International
    § New USPS e-Delivery Confirmation International extra service available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box and First Class Mail International (ServiceID=”9”)
    o First-Class MailŪ International Parcel name change:
    § When <MailType>= “ALL” or ”PACKAGE” , WebTools Service ID="15" (SvcDescription=“First-Class MailŪ International Parcel**”) will now return as SvcDescription=“First-Class Package International Service™”
    o Extra service Restricted Delivery (ServiceID=’3’) will no longer be available for international products
    o Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes will have a four pound maximum weight

International Label APIs
    - Express Mail International (ExpressMailIntl)
    o <ImageParameter> tag (optional tag, optional value) added to <ImageParameters> group
    § “4BY6LABEL” added as enumeration to <ImageParameter> tag; returns 4x6 label image when used
    o Image changes:
    § 4x6 label image added as an option
    § “Total Qty” field added to the label image
    § <FromPhone> value returned in From Address section of label image (Format: 555-555-5555)
    § General label image text and instructions updates.
    · “Detailed description of contents” now “Detailed Description of Contents”
    · “Contents” now “Contents: (Check All That Apply)”
    · “Postage and Fees” now “Total Postage/Fees”
    · “0” defaulted in weight column when no value provided in NetPounds or NetOunces tag
    · Date update to September 2012
    - Priority Mail International (PriorityMailIntl)
    o <ImageParameter> tag (optional tag, optional value) added to <ImageParameters> group
    § “4BY6LABEL” added as enumeration to <ImageParameter> tag; returns 4x6 label image when used
    § “4BY6LABEL” valid for all labels except the Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box
    o Extra services
    § <ExtraServices> group (optional tags, optional values) added to the end of the request schema, with repeating <ExtraService> tags as children
    § "9" added as enumeration to <ExtraService> to indicate Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International is desired
    · Valid only for requests for the Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box
    § <ExtraServices> group (optional tags, optional values) added to response schema, with <ExtraService> tag grouping <ServiceID>, <ServiceName> and <Price> tags as children
    o Image changes:
    § <FromPhone> value returned in From Address section of label image (Format: 555-555-5555)
    § General label image text and instructions updates:
    · “0” defaulted in weight column when no value provided in NetPounds or NetOunces tag
    o Image changes (Flat Rate Envelope and Small Flat Rate Box)
    § Country of Origin and HS Tariff Number fields added
    · “AES/ITN/Exemption” now “AES Exemption”
    - First Class Mail International (FirstClassMailIntl)
    o Extra services
    § <ExtraServices> group (optional tags, optional values) added to the end of the request schema (just before new PriceOptions tag), with repeating <ExtraService> tags as children
    § "9" added as enumeration to <ExtraService> to indicate Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International is desired
    § <ExtraServices> group (optional tags, optional values) added to response schema, with <ExtraService> tag grouping <ServiceID>, <ServiceName> and <Price> tags as children
    o <PriceOptions> tag (optional tag, optional value) added to the end of the request schema
    § Valid enumerations are “RETAIL” (default), “COMMERCIAL BASE” and “COMMERCIAL PLUS”
    o Image changes:
    § Rebranding of “First-Class Mail International” to “First-Class Package International Service™” in banner and receipt text
    § Country of Origin and HS Tariff Number fields added
    - 2976A Customs Form (CP72V3)
    o Image changes:
    · “HS tariff number” now “HS Tariff Number”
    · “Country of origin of goods” now “Country of Origin”
    · “Commercial sample” now “Commercial Sample”
    · “Returned goods” now “Returned Goods”
    - 2976 Customs Form (CN22V2)
    o <CountryOfOrigin> tag (optional tag, optional value) added to the end of each <ItemDetail> group
    o Image changes:
    § “Country of Origin” field added
    § Mailing Office Date Stamp added to top copy
    § General text and instructions updates:
    · “IMPORTANT: …” text on label face now “IMPORTANT: The item/parcel may be opened officially. See Privacy Notice on next printed page.”
    · “Commercial sample” now “Commercial Sample”
    · “Country of Origin of Goods ##########__” text removed
    · Total sum of item quantities displayed.

For questions and concerns, please contact our customer support at 1-800-344-7779 or [email protected].
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast