Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

Hi creativeone,
    Your question gave me an idea: A shipping quotes discount setting.

Is there any demand for that sort of thing? It could be based on the order size. Eg: x% of the orders products price.

I could set a 5% shipping discount on the orders. On an order with $100 worth of product if the shipping quotes are under $5 then shipping becomes free automatically.
    This would allow the customer to have discounted access to expensive services like GXG, etc.

Is there demand for that sort of thing? I don't think it would be hard to implement on my end in the USPS module. I'm ultimately planning to overhaul the core shipping class and embed this functionality into the core. That way all shipping modules get this functionality from centralised settings.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Marco,
    It is for domestic only.

Yes I think there would be a demand for a shipping quotes discount. I could think of a couple of my clients that may want to use that. Thanks Marco.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

Quick question regarding the 'USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2'.

I'm running a significantly modified version of 1.3.8a and will not have time to upgrade to 1.3.9h before Aug 24th.

Is the new ''USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2' module backwards compatible with 1.3.8a?

If not, does anyone have an idea how difficult it would be to get it to function against 1.3.8a.

I do plan to upgrade to 1.3.9h as soon as possible (due to security vulnerabilities) but with my current project stack, I will not be able to do so within the required time frame.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob Chevalier

Plugin Contributions

With shipping modules, chances are it will all probably work. The modules are mostly standalone components so they should be very backward compatible unless there was a major change in the way shipping modules work.

You'll just have to test it and find out. I only test using the latest version.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the handling fee from 0.25 to 0.45 to cover additional fees, and the system is still charging 0.25. (on both first class and priority).

I removed the module and re-installed it, that did not work. I also checked the database and it is set to 0.45.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kat

I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered, I'm not understanding the handling fee issues in this thread (?)

Plugin Contributions

The magic ZC genie swooped in and fixed this all by itself.

This has happened before where I changed something in this mod (I think it was the handling fee as well), and later on it started working.

All is good

Plugin Contributions

I have posted an updated version of the module - Version 1.2 which should come online within the next week or so.

The new version has a few improvements:
    Added Quote Discount Setting based on a percentage of order products value.
    Added quote sort options for shipping quotes. Can sort by price or by service name.
    Improved documentation
    Improved shipping estimator functionality. Does not request a quote from USPS when a postcode is not provided.
    Changed module default options - now fewer options selected on a fresh install.
    Tweaked the hardcoded volumes/dimensions on some shipping options for consistency between International and Domestic (where practical)
    Check the module documentation for more details!

-
    Marco

Plugin Contributions

Hi Marco,

Would it be possible to seperate charges for Signature Confirmation and Insurance as options?

i.e.

USPS First Class Mail $1.71

Add Insurance (value of order) $1.50 (amt to chg from USPS)

Add Signature Confirmation $2.45

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KSpencer View Post
    Hi Marco,

Would it be possible to seperate charges for Signature Confirmation and Insurance as options?

i.e.

USPS First Class Mail $1.71

Add Insurance (value of order) $1.50 (amt to chg from USPS)

Add Signature Confirmation $2.45
    I have thought about something like that. The tickbox options would require changes in the zc-core:
    /includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php
    Also some template customisation.

Some people might want to force signature confirmation for extra security and not make it optional.

There are so many possible combinations. Some people might not want the extra options displayed and just have the extra cost added on the way it is now.

This was my attempt at being practical. I see no easy way to add that at this stage. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve it without core changes, speak up!

-
    Marco

Plugin Contributions

Hi Marco,

These two items, in addition to postage, are probably the "most common" items to add as options for domestic shipping. (I would think).

For insurance, it would be a flat rate table (0-50 add $1.80, 51-100 add 2.35, etc)

For Signature Confirmation, its a flat rate per order, so Add $2.45 checkbox would do it.

I've visited several (dozens) of ZC sites searching for their solutions, and the most common method I see (I am using this also), is to add the Insurance and Signature Confirmation as a product. This creates a group of problems by itself but is a temporary solution. There is an insurance module out there, but it shows up under the payment page (something to do with the Order Totals).

I'm thinking of modifying one of the already existing 'additional' charges type mods. Eventually I hope to be good enough to write one on my own. (Plugging along)

Thanks so much,
    Kat :-)

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast