Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

I'm just thinking of a way to integrate it.

If it is only 2 options I might be able to do it with dropdown select boxes in the module config.

Eg.
    Insurance Options: No Insurance, Quote Both with and without, Quote with Insurance Only (no text), Quote with Insurance Only (text " - Insured")

I could do the same for signature confirmation.

Depending on what options/services you select the customers available options could double.

• Priority Mail
    • Priority Mail - Insured
    • etc...

I would favour this over the flat rate option since the USPS quote system handles price changes automatically.

Also, some services have $100 insurance coverage built in, like some flat rate boxes and express options. USPS handles that by quoting $0.00 for insurance automatically without custom code changes on my part.

Plugin Contributions

I've been playing with this on my test site. I don't ever seem to get quotes for regional rate boxes. Anything that could be turning those quotes off?

-lindasdd

Plugin Contributions

Do you have ENABLE COMMERCIAL SHIPPING set to "Y"

AND

Do you have the Regional boxes selected in the Domestic - Commercial Services area of setup?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Version 1.2 is now live, you can download it here: USPS Module V1.2

I tested it on the beta and its looking good requiring no code changes on my part. The USPS language file from Zencart 1.3.9 will be added into the next update for compatibility with 1.5 (since the original USPS module is no longer pre-installed in Zencart 1.5.)

I'm going to add entries to the language file in my next release for insurance quoting and signature confirmation. That will allow people to easily customise the options/presentation.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a bit of a problem, I upgraded from V1.1 which was fine. But now this happens in debug

weight: +lb, dimensions: regular
    Setting dimensions: l=12 w=12 h=12 for Weight: 0.3
    Volume Filtering enabled but volume information not found. Was the database patch applied?

EDIT: Ahhh looks like all my shipping weights were reset.
    Last edited by bpoilspill; 28 Aug 2011 at 08:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

One question I had, when I start combining items, it'll show all the shipping rates it can do. How can I just default it to show just the cheapest option?

Plugin Contributions

Hey, I read the readme but I dont understand how this is different then the default usps shipping module? To be honest i havnt used the default one. please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

@bpoilspill
    If you re-applied the database patch your volume info would be reset. I'll put a note in the documentation for next time so people know to only apply the patch once.

The module doesn't have an option to exclude all the more expensive options. Some people might want the more expensive options showing for express delivery and things like that.

I was considering filtering out larger flat rate options if a smaller option is available with filtering switched on. Is that what you wanted or should it remove everything more expensive?

@wildchick
    This module has allot of extra options, and it should also run faster since it has request caching and some code optimization. It uses the PHP SimpleXML library to parse the USPS API response (faster) instead of using lots of regular expressions. It supports insurance and many other options.

You can put the other one back if you don't use any of that.

Plugin Contributions

Yes!!! That is what I meant, as we just use flat rate currently, so there's no sense in offering a more expensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    @bpoilspill
    If you re-applied the database patch your volume info would be reset. I'll put a note in the documentation for next time so people know to only apply the patch once.

The module doesn't have an option to exclude all the more expensive options. Some people might want the more expensive options showing for express delivery and things like that.

I was considering filtering out larger flat rate options if a smaller option is available with filtering switched on. Is that what you wanted or should it remove everything more expensive?

@wildchick
    This module has allot of extra options, and it should also run faster since it has request caching and some code optimization. It uses the PHP SimpleXML library to parse the USPS API response (faster) instead of using lots of regular expressions. It supports insurance and many other options.

You can put the other one back if you don't use any of that.

Plugin Contributions

Also, is there a way to prevent sales to non-US countries?? Currently a sale will go through with a US domestic service even to somewhere like Canada.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast