Hi all!
I am new to Zen-Cart so I apologise in advance for my apparent cluelessness :)

I am just finishing my university degree and have decided to go into the on-line retail area. I'm not just looking for a quick money-earner but far from it. I have good access to fantastic products (my father's wholesale business) and I can see there is a good opportunity to expand into on-line sales. I have trialled e-commerce on 123reg.couk for a year or two to test the feasibility of the products, but I feel I need more control. I want to put a lot of time and effort in at the start so that I get things right. So I've been looking into other ecommerce solutions and feel the right one for me is Zen Cart.

I'll be honest, I'm totally new to ZC and have no idea where to start. Really I need somebody to point me in the right direction. I've been reading forums and websites but have not come across a simple answer to a very simple question. (I do apologise for my ignorance).

Right now, I have a MacBook in front of me...I have downloaded ZenCart, which is currently in a folder on my desktop. What on earth do I need to do to get started?

Thanks in advance for your help/responses
(unfortunately we were never taught things like this in IT lessons :) )