Plugin Contributions

Default Edit Product in Admin Blank Page after Upgrade

Hi all, a few months ago I upgraded to 1.3.9h, all is well but I just found a problem. I use Easy Populate instead of editing products in the admin so I hadn't yet come across this, but I went to edit a single product, and consistently I'm getting a blank page after I hit the Preview button in the edit product page. It's not completely blank as it does have the Zen Cart header and all my admin links, but otherwise it is blank, it says "done" at the bottom of the page so I know it's not just loading.

For those of you well-versed with Zen Cart's files, do you know which file in particular I might look at and compare to the files before the upgrade when I know that this worked?

Thanks ahead of time!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Product in Admin Blank Page after Upgrade

Using the debug logs will show you exactly where to look. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome, thanks, I was able to fix it!

I never knew that the debug logs were reporting syntax errors, I've never used them. Is it safe to say that if all one's files are perfect you will never get any debug logs?

An aside question, in the instructions for using the debug utility, it says that Filezilla is the best choice for an ftp program, but says "don't save your passwords in it". Why is that?

Thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOrchidCouture View Post
    I never knew that the debug logs were reporting syntax errors, I've never used them. Is it safe to say that if all one's files are perfect you will never get any debug logs?
    Generally speaking, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOrchidCouture View Post
    An aside question, in the instructions for using the debug utility, it says that Filezilla is the best choice for an ftp program, but says "don't save your passwords in it". Why is that?
    At one point FileZilla was known to store passwords unencrypted on your hard drive, and thus if a trojan found its way onto your computer it could potentially steal those passwords.
    The risk may or may not still be real today.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    At one point FileZilla was known to store passwords unencrypted on your hard drive, and thus if a trojan found its way onto your computer it could potentially steal those passwords.

The risk may or may not still be real today.
    It's still real... we met with an associate company last week that has
    just recovered from such a hack that compromised over 50 FTP passwords.

They are now using a commercial FTP program that stores the passwords in encrypted form.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    It's still real... we met with an associate company last week that has
    just recovered from such a hack that compromised over 50 FTP passwords.
    Good to know, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Edit Product in Admin Blank Page after Upgrade

I am on version 1.3.9 and I am having this blank page when trying to edit my products.

I was able to find the debug logs and look at the php files it pointed to, but I have no clue on how to fix the issue. I'm not a php guru.

For example, one of the messages in the log was [25-May-2011 09:02:02] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in C:\Program Files (x86)\xampp\htdocs\store\my2011\includes\modules\product\collect_info.php on line 433

so I went to line 433 in the collect_info.php file and found this: <td class="main"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_model', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($pInfo->products_model), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS, 'products_model')); ?></td>

It looks like only 3 parameters to me. What am I missing and how do I fix it?

Plugin Contributions

Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

It is fixed now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.