Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Help with paypal express: ipn_main_handler.php

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I had a customer email me with problems completing checkout. I tried to checkout myself and I am getting the following error message in google chrome.<br>The website encountered an error while retrieving http://shessorandom.com/zencart/ipn_...er.php?type=ec. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. What is the problem? How do I fix it? [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with paypal express: ipn_main_handler.php

I am encountering this problem also.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone ever answered this.. using zen 1.50 and now can't complete checkout

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by batman36 View Post
    Has anyone ever answered this.. using zen 1.50 and now can't complete checkout
    With respect, your post contains so little information it's impossible to give you any answers. One can't even accurately assume that you're getting the exact same symptoms, let alone error message, based on so little detail.
    Please click Reply below and answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on that page, and be sure to include exact error message information and exact steps that can consistently trigger the problem on multiple different computers and different browsers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We have just received an email from PayPal saying that that IPNs are failing and in fact they have disabled them.

When I looked at the PayPal Express settings in the shop it was saying that ipn_main_handler.php should be in the root directory instead of in the shop where it actually resides.

The shop isn't live yet but tested successfully with paypal express in May, so must have had the correct address in then. The errors are more likely to be coming from a donations button that has been on the site for a few years.

Can zencart 1.50 co-exist with paypal payment buttons ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by IceDragon View Post
    Can zencart 1.50 co-exist with paypal payment buttons ?
    Yes, but the Instant Payment Notification URL you specified in your PayPal's account profile settings must point to a link that actually responds properly.
    If it doesn't respond, then PayPal will send you the notice you're reporting.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've rechecked the link to the root directory and it does work correctly

So all I need now is to discover is how to turn off IPN on Pay Pals own buttons ...............

Plugin Contributions

I should have said that I retested the link and it worked fine. Everything between Zen Cart and Pay Pal is working.

just the dratted button that currently is being used live is sending notifications to the Zen Cart url and generating errors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Under normal circumstances Zen Cart will properly respond to IPN notices sent by PayPal buttons.

You'll need to find out what exactly PayPal is encountering when trying to send the IPNs. You may be able to see stuff in your PayPal account's IPN History screen, or contact PayPal at www.paypal.com/mts to find out what exactly their servers are encountering when those specific notices are sent. Armed with that information then you can sort out what's happening on your site.

Further, turn on your store's PayPal debug logging: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal and post the log file content related to failed notices for those button-based transactions. (Don't need, or want, to see stuff from your store's transactions)

Plugin Contributions

I've set it to log and told it to resend one of the failed notifications. The logs folder is writable but nothing has appeared there.

According to Pay Pals page on the error the IPN message should give a clue to the problem so I compared one of the ones with an error to the test one I did earlier. Different layouts but the zen cart one finishes with &ipn_track_id=xxxxxxx while on the failed one it is very near the top.

No log had appeared yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast