Plugin Contributions

Default How do I collect customization details for customizable products?

Hello all,

Is it possible, with zen-cart 1.3.9h, to have the final "thank you page" that is displayed to the shopper after the user enters a credit card page, to go to a questionnaire page instead of your the checkout success page ?

So, my goal would be, to sell products in my store that are customizable, and a fairly lengthy questionnaire is required to do the service sold in my store.

However, not ALL ITEMS require a questionnaire to be prompted. Only some items.

So if a shopper places an order with any item in my store catalog which is pre-defined in the store admin product details as an item that requires a questionnaire form to be displayed after the credit card details are entered, then the checkout-success-page will prompt a different checkout-success-page which is actually a html page with a questionnaire-form after the credit card details are entered.

But, if a customer places an order on my store, which does NOT have a SKU associated with any a product that requires a questionnaire to be prompted, then, it goes to the standard checkout-success-page.

Just to make sure though, I want to know for sure, that I am able to toggle on and off, which of the products in my store that will trigger for a questionnaire after the credit card is entered.

In other words, I should have an option on the product details (when I input my products into the store admin of zen-cart 1.3.9h) where I can click a check-mark on that product page something like: "show questionnaire after credit card instead of standard thank-you page"

So if a customer places an order with any of the products in their cart with a product that I specify to prompt a questionnaire, then it will prompt the questionnaire AFTER the credit card is entered.

Otherwise, if the customer places an order with NO products in their cart that requires a questionnaire, then the standard thank-you page will be shown instead of the questionnaire.

Is that possible in zen-cart 1.3.9h ? And, if so, how do I do this?

Is there an add-on/contribution already available that I can use for this on zen-cart 1.3.9h ?

If there are fees to do this, who can help, and what approx will be the fee/hours to accomplish this customization for my store?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I collect customization details for customizable products?

What you have described will require a good bit of custom programming
    First for the frontend files to determine is and when to display
    Second to integrate into the admin side the switch

I have not used them but this forum is providing this as a resource: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Or, use the built-in attribute architecture to collect that information up-front as part of their shopping cart contents, instead of waiting until afterwards to figure out how to collect it and store it and re-associate it with the order.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

As an example, I collect a ton of custom information in my festival site (Artists/Vendors > Application). This is all attributes for an application form "product".

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all for your expert advice and information!