Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v3.0.0

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by christymreed View Post
    I just installed the required components and ran a test order. The order did not pass any cc information to me anywhere. For the payment method I got "Gift Certificate/Coupon" I'm really not sure what is missing.
    Quite simply you paid for the order with either a gift certificate or a coupon!

Nothing is charged if you use a gift certificate balance or a coupon that covers the entire balance, so the module isn't used!

Actually use the module and you'll see it working! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Ah! Ok, reinstalled the mod and made sure that there was a total...not a free order (duh) and it worked great.

Thanks!
    Christy

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Website www.ew-trading.com

We had a sidebox for ceon which seemed to disappear after we upgraded zencart. I am not a developed and don't want to re-install newer verison etc, all I need is the sidebox info. I downloaded the new version and uploaded the tpl_ceon etc so have now got that (that file was missing before). I have also uploaded the images but only visa is showing. All I need is that sidebox with the card images. Please can someone advise is I have mised uploading something to make these show. Again, I don't want to mess with anything else!
    Thanks in advance!
    Jill.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jill,

Only the latest version is supported so you'll have to upgrade. ;)

A new version will be out this week so you can wait on it, then upgrade and your problem will be fixed when you do.

If you don't want to wait then upload all the files again, you haven't done that properly or your FTP software has messed up, or you've uploaded them to the wrong place (make sure you check the store's template directories for overrides you may have put in before which are now out of date).

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,
    I'll wait for the update and do that then! Not sure about the store over-rides, can you give any more info?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have just installed Zencart 1.5, I used the CEON module in 1.3.9 and it worked perfectly, and everything seems to be working in 1.5 except I am not receiving the email.
    I have had a look around the forum to see if there is any sign of this without success. Has anyone had this and resolved it? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by govanmac View Post
    Has anyone had this and resolved it?
    There is no such issue. E-mail errors can only be a problem with something you've done or with your server.

Check that you are entering your e-mail address in the correct format (ONE basic e-mail address, no name part or angle brackets) and if you still don't receive the e-mail then you have a server issue or a spam filter blocking these e-mails.

They really are the ONLY possibilities.. so hopefully that information shall get you sorted quickly. :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

We accept Visa and Mastercard as forms of payment in our online store.

Lately we have had 12 digit visa come through instead of the standard 16.

Could someone please help with a validation for 16 digit cards only? What file must I work in to accomplish this? What would I change?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by elninomago View Post
    Lately we have had 12 digit visa come through instead of the standard 16.
    It must have passed the Luhn check then.

Quote Originally Posted by elninomago View Post
    Could someone please help with a validation for 16 digit cards only? What file must I work in to accomplish this? What would I change?
    Why would you bother really? You'll have seen the card number come through like that and you obviously won't ship the order if the card can't be charged?

It's such a rare thing (I've never heard of it) that I wouldn't spend the time changing things.. but if you do want to the file is includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php, method is pre_confirmation_check().. you could copy the minimum card holder length check and adapt it for the number.

You can "block" card lengths of less than 16 by JavaScript if you change the setting "Credit Card Number" in "Minimum Values" in the Zen Cart Configuration menu. However, they can still use 12 with JavaScript switched off.

But then again, why would you send anything to them if their card wasn't valid?

The whole exercise seems pointless to me but each unto their own, you can make your own mind up!

Please don't post again about this hear though as it's not something of use in general I don't think... you could start a new thread if you want to talk more about it.. I'd like to keep this thread to Ceon Manual Card issues only.

Thanks!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I had a 12 digit card come through recently as well. Of course the customer simply missed four digits when they placed the order. But because the credit card page didn't tell them that they didn't enter enough digits, it took more time to correct the error than if it threw an error to the customer before they completed the order process. Instead I had to email them and request that they either call or place the order again. So a bit of code to validate would be helpful in expediting the order process. Obviously we won't be sending product if the card won't process, but if the customer can correct the error before the order is even placed, that would be sweet!

Just a suggestion and not a criticism of the sheer genius of the Ceon module I am very pleased with it.

Thanks!
    Christy

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast