Plugin Contributions

Default 10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.

Hello. Lately, I have had a few emails with the error message below. The transactions were from customers in North Carolina (1 of them called me). A few other transactions were completed in between via Paypal and the customers were outside of North Carolina.

10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10413 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.

Click "Reply" below and answer the questions in the Posting Tips window.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

A client of mine has just had the same error for a client ordering from Vancouver.

Zencart Version: 1.3.8a

Add on installed for shipping that falls under Tools = City Shipping Rates

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If they're still running 1.3.8, then I'm not surprised. Tons of bugs in 1.3.8 have been fixed in subsequent releases, including some serious security problems that existed in 1.3.8.
    Upgrading would be a good starting point.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem with my client`s site. We are using Zen Cart 1.3.9b though. This site has been running smoothly for over two years, but occasionally we receive this kind of 10413 error message, and complaints from our customers. I just don`t understand why majority of my customers have no problems with check out, but some do. So, what could be the cause of the problem? Is this the problem with Zen Cart or PayPal?

We will be upgrading our Zen Cart version, but would the upgrade for sure fix the bug? If upgrade does not solve this issue, how else could we fix this problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Those are generally caused by rounding errors from taxes and/or percentage discounts, or shipping modules whose fees are percentage-based. Yes, the latest 1.3.9h version does address some of that more effectively. So, yes, an upgrade will help.
    And significant changes were made in v1.5.0 to fix the problems concretely. So, upgrading to that will be a smart step too.