Plugin Contributions

Default AustPost - Removing Images?

Hello, can someone please tell me how I can replace the images from showing in the AustPost mod with just text?

I tried deleting the images from the server and in in Firefox the alt text is now displayed in place of the image which is what I want.

But when you view this same page in Internet Explorer 8 I now see a red X and the alt text. I know the red X represents the image is missing.

So the only way I see around this is by replacing the calling of the images with just standard text. But I am unsure how to do this so any help in doing this will be greatly appreciated.

In the file:

includes\modules\shipping\austpost.php

I have found the following:

$this->code = 'austpost';
    $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_TITLE;
    $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
    $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_SORT_ORDER;
    $this->icon = $template->get_template_dir('austpost.jpg', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost.jpg';
    $this->icon_rpp = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_rpp.jpg', '' , '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_rpp.jpg';
    $this->icon_air = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_air.jpg', '' , '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_air.jpg';
    $this->icon_sea = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_sea.jpg', '' , '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_sea.jpg';
    $this->icon_exp = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_exp.jpg', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_exp.jpg';
    $this->icon_expi = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_epi.jpg', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_epi.jpg';
    $this->icon_reg = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_regd.jpg', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_regd.jpg';
    $this->icon_del = $template->get_template_dir('austpost_del.jpg', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost_del.jpg';

I am assuming this is where the images are called from? I tried deleting the references to the images. But after doing this nothing was shown not even the alt text.

So does anyone have any idea how I can replace the images with just standard text?

Thanks in advanced.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AustPost - Removing Images?

Assuming that all of those images were installed as part of the AU Post mod

You can create an image file with the same name but as a gif using the pixel_trans.gif image

Upload those you create

Then replace all those references with the gif reference
    Code:
    $this->icon = $template->get_template_dir('austpost.gif', '', '','images/icons'). '/' . 'austpost.gif';

AND SO ON
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra and thanks for your reply.

I have done what you suggested but this replaces the whole .jpg image and now no text is showing at all.

For example what I need is to get rid of the image all together and use a text description in place of it.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you need to replace the associated zen_image() functions with the correct text.

It doesn't seem like you all that familiar with php. You would have to update a few locations in that code and replace it with the correct strings.. i.e.

Line 466:

PHP Code:
    $shipping_austpost_rpp_method =   zen_image($this->icon_rpp$this->types['RPP'] ) . $bignumber $days "</span> " zen_image($this->icon_delMODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS) . $austpost_rpp_addons;

$shipping_austpost_rppi_method =  zen_image($this->icon_ins$this->types['RPPi']) . $bignumber . ($days 1) . "</span> " zen_image($this->icon_delMODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS) . $austpost_rppi_addons
    becomes

PHP Code:
    $shipping_austpost_rpp_method =   'Parcel Post' $bignumber $days "</span> " zen_image($this->icon_delMODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS) . $austpost_rpp_addons;

$shipping_austpost_rppi_method =  'Insured Parcel Post' $bignumber . ($days 1) . "</span> " zen_image($this->icon_delMODULE_SHIPPING_AUSTPOST_TEXT_SHIPPINGDAYS) . $austpost_rppi_addons
    Of coarse I didn't test it but it should work. It took me a couple mins to realise which module you were using since there are 2 auspost shipping modules. If you want me to do it properly and test it you can hire me on the w/e for an hr. Good luck.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Marco and thanks for your reply.

Sorry for my late reply as I have been very busy of late. I decided not to use this mod and go with the OzPost mod instead. As this mod caused other issues in my template and although it is a good free mod. The OzPost mod is more suited to my needs.

So thank you to the both of you for your help and taking the time to reply to me.