Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Compare multiple products - support thread

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1922

Do not use 1.0.1. That was modified for a specific site and most likely will not work on your site. The author has uploaded 1.0.2 which is pretty much the same as 1.0.0.

One thing I have noticed. If you do a search for a part (i.e. you have part number 3001, 43001, 3001-45, etc. and do a search for part number 3001) and it pulls up all these parts. You will see
    "compare_default" under the tick box.

copy the defines from the supplied index.php file to your advanced search result.php file and upload it to your template folder.

note one thing i have noticed is that in the advanced search results screen, you cannot compare products. I have notified the author of this.

Default Re: Compare multiple products support thread

Thanks for this fantasic mod!
    I have it working except for the jQuery side.
    When I check a compare box, the javascript fires (I have tested this with an alert) but the product image doesn't appear in the compare box at the top of the screen. The 'compare' button doesn't show at the top of the screen either.
    However, if I refresh the page, the products do appear in the box so something behind the scenes is working.

Has anybody any ideas what is going wrong?

Ok, I seem to have this working.
    the problem is in the javascript file jscript_products_compare.js.

If I change from this...
    Code:
      function compareNew(obj, action) {
        $('#compareProducts').load('ajax_compare.php', {'compare_id': obj, 'action': action});
      }
    ....to this.....
    Code:
      function compareNew(obj, action) {
        $('#compareProducts').load('AJAX_servers/AJAX_compare_server.php', {'compare_id': obj, 'action': action},
    							   function(data) {  $("#compareProducts").html(data);  }
    							   );
      }
    It works!
    Has anybody else had this not work or is it just me?

Plugin Contributions

hi,

Quite frustratingly i have been spending hours today trying to get this working. The ajax side of it wasnt working at all. Then, i had a moment of inspiration! I use the CEON URL re-write tool. I needed to exclude this file from being re-written and off we went! works perfectly!

Just something to keep in mind for others!
    Even novices can be professionals!

Funky Fancy Dress

Plugin Contributions

I have this installed on my local host and when ever I try to compare two or more products the resulting page is one that says there are no products to compare, even though I'm certain that I checked the boxes before clicking compare. any help?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willie bee View Post
    One thing I have noticed. If you do a search for a part (i.e. you have part number 3001, 43001, 3001-45, etc. and do a search for part number 3001) and it pulls up all these parts. You will see
    "compare_default" under the tick box.

copy the defines from the supplied index.php file to your advanced search result.php file and upload it to your template folder.

note one thing i have noticed is that in the advanced search results screen, you cannot compare products. I have notified the author of this.
    Copy the following define statements from index.php to advanced_search_result.php
    Code:
    // values for compare system
      define('COMPARE_DEFAULT', 'Compare');
      define('COMPARE_REMOVE', 'remove');
      define('COMPARE_COUNT_START', 'up to ');
      define('COMPARE_COUNT_END', ' items');
    copy the following code from tpl_index_product_list.php to tpl_advanced_search_result_default.php

Code:
    <div id="compareResult">
      <div class="back compareText"><b><?php echo COMPARE_DEFAULT; ?></b><br /><?php echo COMPARE_COUNT_START . COMPARE_VALUE_COUNT . COMPARE_COUNT_END; ?></div>
      <div id="compareProducts">
    <?php
    if (!empty($_SESSION['compare'])) {
      foreach ($_SESSION['compare'] as $value) {
        $product_comp_image = $db->Execute(
            "SELECT p.products_id, p.master_categories_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image
             FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
             LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
             ON pd.products_id=p.products_id
             WHERE p.products_id='".$value."'");

$comp_images .= '<div class="compareAdded"><br /><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($product_comp_image->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($product_comp_image->fields['master_categories_id'])) . '&products_id=' . $product_comp_image->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $product_comp_image->fields['products_name'] . '</a><div>'.'<a onclick="javascript: compareNew('.$product_comp_image->fields['products_id'].', \'remove\')" alt="remove">'.COMPARE_REMOVE.'</a>'.'</div></div>';
      }
      echo '<div id="compareMainWrapper"><div class="compareAdded compareButton">'.'<a href="index.php?main_page=compare" alt="compare">'.'<span class="cssButton">'.COMPARE_DEFAULT.'</span></a></div>'.$comp_images.'</div>';
      echo '<br class="clearBoth" />';
    }
    ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    Now you will be able to add & compare products from the search result page.

Hope this helps!

Plugin Contributions

Just FYI!

This also works on

products_all
    products_new
    featured_products

I don't use specials but sure same rules apply!

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Just wondered if anyone has seen the following and if there is a fix for it:

I just recently installed v1.02. Everything except a previous noted error regarding advance search worked ok. I managed to fix the advance search myself. However, looking through the cahe log I noticed the following:

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/*****************/httpdocs/catalog/ajax_compare.php on line 29

Has anybody else noticed this?

I found a website that gave an indication that the coding may be wrong on line 29. As I'm not a programmer, I am at a loss.

Below is an extract from the web site I found:

(Invalid argument supplied for foreach() can happen if you try to do a foreach on an variable that isn't an array. Maybe it is "supposed to" be an array, maybe you thought it was an array, but sorry -- it isn't.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by honda-crunch View Post
    Hi
    Just wondered if anyone has seen the following and if there is a fix for it:

I just recently installed v1.02. Everything except a previous noted error regarding advance search worked ok. I managed to fix the advance search myself. However, looking through the cahe log I noticed the following:

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/*****************/httpdocs/catalog/ajax_compare.php on line 29

Has anybody else noticed this?

I found a website that gave an indication that the coding may be wrong on line 29. As I'm not a programmer, I am at a loss.

Below is an extract from the web site I found:

(Invalid argument supplied for foreach() can happen if you try to do a foreach on an variable that isn't an array. Maybe it is "supposed to" be an array, maybe you thought it was an array, but sorry -- it isn't.)
    I have the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Compare multiple products - support thread

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    Copy the following define statements from index.php to advanced_search_result.php
    Code:
    // values for compare system
      define('COMPARE_DEFAULT', 'Compare');
      define('COMPARE_REMOVE', 'remove');
      define('COMPARE_COUNT_START', 'up to ');
      define('COMPARE_COUNT_END', ' items');
    copy the following code from tpl_index_product_list.php to tpl_advanced_search_result_default.php

Code:
    <div id="compareResult">
      <div class="back compareText"><b><?php echo COMPARE_DEFAULT; ?></b><br /><?php echo COMPARE_COUNT_START . COMPARE_VALUE_COUNT . COMPARE_COUNT_END; ?></div>
      <div id="compareProducts">
    <?php
    if (!empty($_SESSION['compare'])) {
      foreach ($_SESSION['compare'] as $value) {
        $product_comp_image = $db->Execute(
            "SELECT p.products_id, p.master_categories_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image
             FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p
             LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd
             ON pd.products_id=p.products_id
             WHERE p.products_id='".$value."'");

$comp_images .= '<div class="compareAdded"><br /><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($product_comp_image->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($product_comp_image->fields['master_categories_id'])) . '&products_id=' . $product_comp_image->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $product_comp_image->fields['products_name'] . '</a><div>'.'<a onclick="javascript: compareNew('.$product_comp_image->fields['products_id'].', \'remove\')" alt="remove">'.COMPARE_REMOVE.'</a>'.'</div></div>';
      }
      echo '<div id="compareMainWrapper"><div class="compareAdded compareButton">'.'<a href="index.php?main_page=compare" alt="compare">'.'<span class="cssButton">'.COMPARE_DEFAULT.'</span></a></div>'.$comp_images.'</div>';
      echo '<br class="clearBoth" />';
    }
    ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    Now you will be able to add & compare products from the search result page.

Hope this helps!
    Hey! Sorry I missed your reply. Yes the first part work which makes sense. I did the code copy to the advanced tpl file but it does not work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast