Plugin Contributions

Default Zen Cart & Mobi-Cart? Possible?

Has anyone looked into making a mod to integrate with mobi-cart. com
    Last edited by Kim; 6 Jun 2011 at 02:57 PM.
    www.grapediscounts.com
    Zen Version 1.3.9f, Mods: Click-Show-Hide Menu, IH3, Editable SB, Recently Viewed SB, Froogle, EZ-Pop

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart & Mobi-Cart? Possible?

In their early days they came looking for people interested in integrating, but then ignored the responses.

I took a look at it more recently, but have to say that it looked like there was an awful lot more hype than substance to it.

As .mobi-cart.com/addons.html shows, there aren't actually any shopping cart integrations yet.
    Last edited by Kim; 6 Jun 2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Zen Cart & Mobi-Cart? Possible?

Hi stlnyc & kuroi,

In their early days they came looking for people interested in integrating, but then ignored the responses.
    I've had a search for all posts containing the words 'MobiCart' but could only find the one below.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...light=mobicart

I did actually reply to this thread but my reply was deleted by a forum admin :) I think the issue is the reply came from me so it felt like I was promoting my product.

I took a look at it more recently, but have to say that it looked like there was an awful lot more hype than substance to it.
    MobiCart is currently quite basic and only supports the iPhone. However we have so much more coming soon.

iPad, Android and an HTML5 web app version will be ready in July. Then later on in the year we will support other platforms and also some exciting features such as barcode scanning and loyalty schemes. Push notifications are also being released in the coming weeks which will work on a zip code radius.

As .mobi-cart.com/addons.html shows, there aren't actually any shopping cart integrations yet.
    Our API was release just over 4 weeks ago so is still very new. We are not building any integrations but rather supporting 3rd party developers/carts that want to.

I know a few people are working on a Shopify, Magento, nopComerce and a few more integrations which I would imagine will be ready in the next 4 to 8 weeks.

It would be great to have a Zen Cart integration and we are here should anyone want any help with this.

Any integration build can then be given away for free or sold on our add-on marketplace.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post

It seems they spent a lot of time seeking investors which seems to have worked out nicely. They have now just received a 100K investment from ex-Google director Stephen Lusty who also joins as Chairman.

An API has now become available which allows bulk upload of products as XML/JSON and .CSV.

I dropped them a tweet a few days ago and today received full API specs over.. Going to take a closer look.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you JSWeb and our team is on hand should you need help with anything.

Stephen is a great addition to the team and is already proving to be a real asset.

FYI, we also raised $500,000 (£300,000) in March.

Thanks again,

Wladimir

Plugin Contributions

Hi Wladimir

It's good to see that your API has now been released, and appreciate your acknowledgement that is still quite basic. To be fair most mCommerce offerings are.

I can see that quite a lot of your posts were deleted (not by me) and this seems to be because you tended to lead with a sell of MobiCart, which, as you rightly perceived was interpreted as an attempt to promote your product. That you didn't appear to be replying to responses rather supported the view that you were pushing promotional information rather than genuinely looking for people to help integrate.

[To be strictly accurate, you did eventually start responding, but not until 10 months after the original posts.]

I do stand by my comments that you are overhyping this somewhat. On 8th June 2010 you posted to this forum
    With our development reaching the half way point we are pleased to announce a FREE mobile commerce web app builder for the IPhone, IPad and Android phones
    A year later it's still iPhone only, though good to hear that other platforms are not too far away. The seed capital you've scored recently will hopefully be used to accelerate development, rather than widening the credibility gap that has opened up (though I also understand the need to create a space in what's little more than a bubble at the moment).

All that said, you misfired initially with this community, but this is a growing and important area for online commerce and I wish you well. Your strategy of working via an API to existing online commerce applications is spot on and if your can get your execution up to the same level as your promotion, you'll do very well and be welcome here.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi kuroi,

Thank you for your message, it's really appreciated.

I'm also terribly sorry for any confusion or misunderstanding on my part. It really wasn't intentional and I guess was led by my enthusiasm.

I am going to take great care with my replies from now on.

The development of the product has also been hard work, so much R&D has gone into the development and scaling to a team to 15 developers has also had its issues. Nothing is as simple as it seems.

This did lead to some delays with certain feature releases but we are back on track, and yes the seed investment has helped greatly.

To conclude, MobiCart is a free product and will soon be open source so a great fit for Zen Cart.

We're here to help and at your disposal. We're also open to any customisations to make sure our API and product can integrate as well as it can with Zen Cart.

Thanks again for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update concerning MobiCart. We have some fantastic features being released very soon.

August 22nd

New iPhone UI
    Live app preview with colour picker
    Language packs
    Multiple select lists

September 1st

iPad
    Android
    HTML5 web app

On top of all this, our team is also working on many innovative features such as push notification, promotions and group buying facilities involving social media.

Kind Regards,

Wladimir