Plugin Contributions

Default google base installation question

I have a question about installing Google Froogle/ Google base. I guess I am just a little dense(maybe a lot) but I dont understand from the instructions what to do with the sql updates. There are a number of them in the folder and then there is the install script. Do I need to paste and upload all of them from admin? Each individual one in the folder? In any particular order? I assume the install sql file needs to be pasted and uploaded from admin. Before or after the updates from the folder? A step by step for this portion would be great for newbe like myself.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: google base installation question

Thew install file has what I consider very clear steps and there are 7 of them

Might re read it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Well, it might be clear to you but it is not to me. I am not a black belt. I have read the instructions several times It says to copy and paste the sql files in the update(patch) sql area and click upload. I did this once and it didn't work. My question was simply do I need to upload the whole folder or ea individual file and if they need to be in a particular order. I assume from looking at them they are progressive updates but being new to all this I am not sure so that I am not sure if what I did was wrong. Also none of these modules really tell someone new like me how to upload the files. I figured that out by myself. It is rather frighting to think you may mess up your entire site because you did get clarification, for example, at first I was afraid that uploading the file folders might change/replace the existing folders on the site already. I realize when you are an expert at something as you are It is difficult to remember what it was like to be utterly new at something. I do not wish to appear ungrateful I appreciate more and more all the time the work and effort that went into creating ZenCart and appreciate that people like you at no cost try to help people. If you dont want to help fine, but there is no need to make people feel stupid. I am sure there are things I can do that you wouldnt have a clue about. I would hope I would be kinder in helping.

Plugin Contributions

I assume from looking at them they are progressive updates
    I have highlighted the step - - and it does not reference ANY of the added sql files and I believe these are there for those that aalready have it installed and are upgrading
    Quote Originally Posted by instructions
    Go to Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches and patch your database with install.sql by copying and pasting
    That is ONE sql file
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

So I can ignore the folder of sql files if it is a new install?

And thank you!

Plugin Contributions

So I can ignore the folder of sql files if it is a new install?
    Yes, Just follow the 7 steps as written
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. The extra folder confused me and you were right I should have looked closer at the instructions.