Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Help with UPS XML Module

Hi there :)

I'm having difficulty in understanding how I'm to upload the UPSXML module to my site.
    I'm trying to follow this guide here - http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ules_-_UPS_XML

It says:
    STEP 2

Change any folder names in the UPSXML_v1.2.5d extraction to meet the folder structure on your site. The usual changes are admin and catalog. Changing the admin folder name is a Zen Cart™ recommendation for increased security.

The files needed are:

catalog/admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php
    catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument.php
    catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php
    catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php
    I do not have an admin file in my shop section. Do I need to create one?

Here is what I've tried:
    I uploaded the admin/includes/classes/xmldocument.php to my /public_html/Store
    (Yes, it is in a sub directory, as I don't want it live as my actual site address yet)
    With the rest of the files, I put them in the categories of the same name that come with zen cart.

Now I don't know if this was what I was supposed to do, but apparently not so, as doing that just screwed up my Zen Cart Modules/Shipping area. I've removed the files now, and it's back to normal.
    (Yes, I know I need to back up before trying this, and I did do so, but my host didn't do a good job of restoring my site the way it was, so I needed to manually remove the files I had added.)

I hope this makes sense to you all. I'm quite frankly confused as all heck here, and can't find a sensible step by step guide anywhere regarding this module. I don't have the time for this to be over my head, so I really, really appreciate any guidance someone can give me here.

Other information:
    I've the latest version of Zen Cart

Thank you!

- Shannon M.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with UPS XML Module

=\ Really?..

Surely someone has used this module at one time or another, and can recall the appropriate way/where to upload the files involved.

Or perhaps knows another way I might go about getting shipping costs relative to my ups account?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Where the instructions say /catalog/, use your /Store/ folder instead. So, /catalog/admin/ would be your /Store/admin/ folder

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, this is what I've tried with the files contained in the UPSXML_v1.3 folder:

The admin folder:

Store/Admin

Includes Folder:

Store/includes/classes/xmldocument.php

Store/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

Store/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php

Yet no new module appears in my Zen Cart interface (Modules/Shipping)
    What am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That doesn't make sense unless of course you've got an error in those files or another shipping module file.
    What shipping modules *do* show in your Admin->Modules->Shipping screen?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't notice any kind of error message -shrug-

These are the modules there, I don't think I have removed any, only disabled/enabled the ones I need.

Flat Rate

Free Shipping Options

FREE SHIPPING!

Per Item

Per Unit

Store Pickup

Table Rate

United Parcel Service

United States Postal Service

Zone Rates

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you rename your store's admin folder? If so, you need to put that /Store/admin/... file into the new admin folder instead of literal 'admin'

Plugin Contributions

My Zen-Cart store doesn't show an Admin folder in the Store directory.

It shows, pub, media, manage, includes, images, extras, email, editors, download, docs, cache. I haven't removed it, as I haven't removed any files or folders.

So with that said, I had put the admin folder that comes with the UPS XML folder directly in the Store directory.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing you login to the "/Store/manage" folder to get to your admin login? If so, then that means your /admin/ folder has been renamed to /manage/
    Thus you need to upload that file from /catalog/admin/ to /Store/manage/ instead.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

... which begs the question: how did you get Zen Cart installed on your website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast