Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Getting 403 on index.php

I just upgraded from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9h and now I'm stuck with a 403 Forbidden error on the homepage. I can access the admin fine though. Switched template themes but nothing changed. Any idea why I'd be receiving this? The URL is as follows:

http://store.brothersatwarmovie.com/...php?main_page=

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded to 1.3.9h...Now getting 403 on index.php

Forgot to mention, the index.php file's permissions are set at 755.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded to 1.3.9h...Now getting 403 on index.php

Looks like an improperly configured subdomain.

ie: try going to the real URL: http://www.brothersatwarmovie.com/store/index.php and you'll see that your configure.php isn't set up properly.

As for the *exact* cause of the 403 error, consult your hosting company -- they can look at the server's error logs to see what error message triggered the 403 if you can't.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting 403 on index.php

Actually, that URL has different content. Confusing, but true. There's three folders in the overall 'domains' folder at Media Temple. blog.brothersatwarmovie.com, which contains a WordPress install, store.brothersatwarmovie.com, which contains ZC and of course, brothersatwarmovie.com.

I called MT last night and because ZC is a third party install, they won't support me. That's why I'm using the forums.

Plugin Contributions

I should also mention the page at http://www.brothersatwarmovie.com/store/index.php is something you should see prior to a ZC install. In my case, ZC is installed. As I mentioned, the admin panel is just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Finally, I set up a similar store here:
    http://www.brothersatwarmovie.com/store_new/

Which as you can tell....works. But the key is store.brothersatwarmovie.com needs to work. Not this.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Well, you should probably delete that /store/ subdirectory that's showing the need for a new install if that's not really the actual folder for your store.

And then you'll have to sort out with your hosting company what exactly is causing the 403-forbidden error. The server's error logs should be explaining the cause, and if you can't access those then your hosting company will have to do that for you.
    It's essentially impossible for us to guess what exactly your "store.xxxxxx.com" subdomain is pointed to and what exactly is causing *your* server to throw an error that Zen Cart has no control over. That's a server error, not a Zen Cart error.

It's also interesting to note that your subdomains are what's broken, and not the running of the store from its folder, as evidenced by your store_new "working". Again, points to a server configuration problem, perhaps in how subdomains are configured.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, again http://store.brothersatwarmovie.com/index.php is the one with the 403. http://store.brothersatwarmovie.com/admin (not the actual URL....I renamed the admin folder to something else which I won't post here) is OK. I can login from the admin folder and get all my info.

I renamed the store folder on www.brothersarwarmovie.com to http://www.brothersatwarmovie.com/store_old/ and that still works. So no more confusion. Again, store.brothersatwarmovie.com is an actual folder containing nothing but the ZC install. That's how Media Temple works. I already requested they simply point store.brothersatwarmovie.com to the store_new folder on brothersatwarmovie.com and they won't do it. They want it specifically at store.brothersatwarmovie.com in that folder and that folder only.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Then what exactly is the server's log saying is the cause of the 403?

Do you have a .htaccess file in that same folder as the index.php that's being blocked? (Zen Cart does NOT come with one in that location) If so, what's in it, and why? What happens if you rename it to htaccess_BAD ?

Plugin Contributions

Well, Media Temple, uses their much-vaunted "Grid" hosting system - the workings of which are known only to them and to God (and I think God has given up on it). It therefore does not surprise me that you are being restricted in the way you can do things.

In the normal method of operation you would have either a fully stand-alone subdomain e.g. store.yourdomain.com (which would have its own FTP connection and files would be located there) or a "User" with FTP facilities e.g. store would be the "User" and their webspace would answer to store.yourdomain.com but the files would be located at yourdomain.com/store

Vger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast