Plugin Contributions

Default Can I just add "Add to Cart" buttons to my existing site's products?

Hello,
    Basically I already have my website. I built my site from scratch in notepad, integrated PHP and a MySQL database to handle all my products, and everything is how I like it; however, I do not have a shopping cart setup. Ideally all I want right now is to be able to add an "Add to cart" button on each of my dynamically created product pages. From what I understand, ZenCart wouldn't really work for me as it's kind of the entire website, in it of itself, and doesn't allow for just providing an add to cart button and a checkout page. I'm no expert however, so I figured I'd ask you much more experienced folks if there's a way for ZenCart to simply provide me with literally just the shopping cart function without having to manage my entire product database.

Thank you,
    Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is just a simple checkout page possible?

if there's a way for ZenCart to simply provide me with literally just the shopping cart function
    As you have indicated NO, this is not how ZenCart functions....mostly for security issues

Most any frontend look can be achieved as a match inside of ZenCart though

As this is your first post, please check you private messages for some examples
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I just use Zen Cart to add "Add to Cart" buttons to my existing site's produc

Thank you very much for your quick and clear response, along with the PM'ed examples, I'll see what I can do.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I just use Zen Cart to add "Add to Cart" buttons to my existing site's produc

I hope that they gave you some insight or hope...

Matching is not all that hard of a process, and with you being intimate with what you currently have it should be easy
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

The problem is that I've already uploaded all of the pictures and all of my products to my database, meaning that literally everything is setup, except for the shopping cart. I was stupid in that I should've thought of the shopping cart in advance instead of going all gung-ho and coding everything myself (my first time coding an e-commerce site), it's just going to be a problem transferring all that.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I just add "Add to Cart" buttons to my existing site's products?

I should've thought of the shopping cart in advance instead of going all gung-ho and coding everything myself
    Just have to get over what you have expended - good or bad and move on
    my first time coding an e-commerce site
    Well without any cart functions it is not really an ecommerce site
    it's just going to be a problem transferring all that.
    Some thing that might assist

A 3rd party add on called easy populate - - just make sure that you add a couple of cats and products to those cats manually
    Generate a download as this will have all the detail for those products & cats open in excel

Download your data for products from your created tables and into excel

Match up your data to the proper ZenCart/easy populate column and copy & paste
    Insure that you assign a unique model number to each ZenCart item as this is what EP uses to index upon

Upload when done...

A wiki article is available on its use

Use FTP to either move or upload the images to your ZenCart images directory
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten