Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to price products in one currency but not use that currency default?

how do I configure zen cart to allow me to set a static price for a product in say, US dollars, but then only allow, say, Euros to be accepted for payment, and all prices on the store show in Euros.

for example, If I want to sell my product for $20 but I only sell to Europeans and I only want to accept euros for payment, but I always want the prices on the store to to be in euros and it will update with the euro/usd exchange rate to always be $20 usd equivalent in euro terms

I know there are currency updating modules, but as I have it setup I have to make euros the default currency, and price my product in euros (not dollars) admin area

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to price products in one currency but not use that currency as def

Silly question maybe ... Why?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to price products in one currency but not use that currency as def

I am selling my product and only accepting bitcoin as payment. However this is basically the world's most volatile currency, as the Bitcoin/USD exchange rate has exploded from less than 1, to over 30 in a matter of months.

I have bitcoin added as a currency, and a bitcoin payment module. However I have to constantly adjust my price every few minutes as the exchange rate fluctuates, because the default currency is set to bitcoin and thus all prices must be set in bitcoin. My product might cost 2 bitcoins and then two minutes later it costs 1.5 bitcoins, and ten minutes later costs 3 bitcoins. (slightly exaggerated, but you get the point)

If I can set my prices statically in US dollars, I can use a cronjob + php script to automatically fetch the latest exchange rate every half hour or so and update the exchange rate in the zen cart database and the prices on my store will automatically update with the fast-moving exchange rate

Plugin Contributions

I suppose I could have a custom script which grabs the bitcoin exchange rate, manually divides it by my static usd price and manually updates the item's price in mysql

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla1 View Post
    I suppose I could have a custom script which grabs the bitcoin exchange rate, manually divides it by my static usd price and manually updates the item's price in mysql
    yeah this worked, case closed