Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes don't alter price and Remove Discounts when added to cart

So here is the issue When I add an Attribute with a + 20.00 to an item regardless of the conditions it will not add the 20.00 in the cart. In fact it shows full price with no sale discount and no 20.00 addition. I have salemaker setup to show 40% off to all users. We are using online group pricing module to allow for a wholesale group at 50% off. I have tried all three salekmaker options and all of the attribute conditions and no combination seams to be working. If I am logged in as a wholesale user and set the Apply Discounts Used by Product Special/Sale: to yes it shows the attribute in the price discounted but removes it when you add to cart. If I am a retail user logged in not logged in it does not show the attribute added to the price regardless of condition and when you add the item to the cart it puts it in the cart at full price with no discount. I am stumped.

The site is http://store.qualityart.biz
    Item set with attribute

Product id 99801 model B30X40BG-B

Or product id’s 99801 -99809

Wholesale
    user [email protected]
    pass test123

retail you can setup your own to test.

Zen Cart (v1.3.9c)

modules we have are:
    online group pricing
    Customer Tax Exempt
    Purchase Order
    Quick Order

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes don't alter price and Remove Discounts when added to cart

On the Option Name ... what is the Option Type that you used?

Keep in mind that READONLY is just that ... a READONLY Attribute and not one for adding to the cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes don't alter price and Remove Discounts when added to cart

OK, So i should have tried the type options to get it to apply the attribute additions. Changing it worked for getting it to add the 20.00 to the model B30X40BG-B. The issue is that it does not retain the salemaker 40% off in the cart then add the 20.00 which is an issue. Any ideas..... The overall result I need is for anyone who goes to the site or signs up for an account should see and get the 40% off. Current wholesale customers will be changed to wholesale once they establish a web account..... The Attribute is to add a handling charge for oversize objects to cover the shipping because we have to us table rates.
    Last edited by nsupport; 11 Jun 2011 at 05:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you switch to the Classic Template?

You should consider upgrading to v139h ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Do you think this will fix my problem. ? was there a change in salemaker and how it affects attributes.?

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to rule out if something is out of date on your v1.3.9c version ... I have not repeated the issue on a clean v1.3.9h ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Clean install v1.3.9h with salemaker set for a 40% discount. I added the atttribute Handling Surcharge onetime $20.00. As soon as i add it to the cart it drops the 40% discount off and loses it. This is with no modules. I have tried just plus 20.00 and all of the options on and off no go. If i set Apply Discounts Used by Product Special/Sale: to yes it discounts the +20.00 but not the main product. This seams like a bug I would be happy to send the admin login to the http://dev.qualityart.biz site the clean install so someone can check my results i am stumped and this is an important feature.... You can go to http://dev.qualityart.biz and create an account and see that it drops the salemaker discount.

The wholesale user is [email protected] password Test123..

With wholesale it discounts everything 50% including the onetime which i dont want....

Plugin Contributions

Your login does not work ...

Have you some specific Products with issues?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

The item i set with an attribute is

Deluxe Brushed Gold Black Liner 30X40

the demo cart admin login is site is

http://dev.qualityart.biz/zc_admin/

user temp
    pass Test123

I will delete it after i figure out why the attributes defeat salemaker.. any help would be appreciated. Feel free to change whatever you want to confirm what i am saying is correct.

Plugin Contributions

Your Product has a Price so it should not be marked as Priced by Attribute ...

The Onetime Attribute should be marked:
    Apply Discounts Used
    by Product Special/Sale: NO

if you do not want to have that discounted ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast