Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: Help :)

I am getting an error when trying to send an email to a customer as a test during setup.

1. E-Mail Transport Method smtpauth
    2. SMTP Email Account Mailbox [email protected]
    3. SMTP Email Mail Host mail.laidlawgifts.com
    4.SMTP Email Mail Server Port 26

Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: (my personal email account as a test)

So... any idea what I need to fix?
    I did try smtp instead of smtpauth but same error.
    I confirmed the email host and port.

Help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: Help :)

Did you set an SMTPAUTH password?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh I forgot that line.. lol
    Yes

SMTP Email Account Password ***********

I assume you mean that one?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, as long as you've set the actual password for that mailbox in there.

Where is this website server sitting? Is it on your home computer? Or at a hosting company? (which one?)

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It is a hosting company called hostbig.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What port number do you use when you set up those same SMTP credentials in your own email client (ie: Outlook, or Thunderbird, for example)?
    Has your hosting company instructed you to use a particular port number? 25 is the normal outgoing email port. Sometimes other ports, such as 26, are enabled in case 25 is blocked for spam-prevention reasons (a common practice with home internet providers ... which is partly why I asked if you were hosting from home).

Plugin Contributions

Ok dont laugh.. lol
    I can paste the configuration info from hostbig.com if needed.
    The manual information states port 26
    BUT
    I did an automatic configuration of Outlook and I checked and its
    That is just too weird.
    I did a test in Outlook just now and it works.
    I changed \SMTP Email Mail Server Port 465
    and same error message.
    I tried smtp and smtpauth as well.
    Grrrrrr lol

I wonder what I am missing?
    I tried to send to me test customer with my personal email which is a hotmail account AND tried to send to admin as well..
    Same message about recipients.

I TRIED to set up my email a day or two ago using my rogers account and I got a different message about not connecting to the server. SO with a suggestion from another here, I changed my admin information to my store email account.
    This time the message is different... its about the recipient this time.

That info help?
    I hope something does ..lol
    Krystine

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you'll have to go into some special debugging to figure out what's wrong with your SMTP Server's operation.

If you're testing emails sent by the storefront, put the following contents into a new file: /includes/extra_datafiles/email_debugging_on.php
    Code:
    <?php define('EMAIL_SYSTEM_DEBUG','1');
    Then use the create-account option again, and see what information is displayed ... it will output all kinds of status response info from the SMTP connection handshaking. Paste it here ... hiding the actual email addresses of course.

If you're testing sending emails from the admin, put that file into the /your-renamed-admin-foldername/includes/extra_datafiles/ folder instead.

Naturally, you'll delete that file once you're done with email testing, since you don't want that information displayed to visitors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok sloww reply but I am FINALLY working on this :)

Ok I created the file... done.
    What do you mean by this>
    "Then use the create-account option again"
    You mean set up my email smtp info again, just repeat the information already existing?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Create customer account?

Still guessing.. lol
    NO clue where I would create an account or where I will see the status info .. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast