Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Back In Stock Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    I think that would be the first step.

Post the issue on the Github

https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart...cations/issues

and if you could add a screenshot image of a list of example bad urls to filter, that would help.
    Done! Although I should note, and I'm ashamed to say......I was using an older version of the module. I just updated it to the latest and I noticed that it's now mandatory to be signed into a real account in order to sign up for the In Stock Notification......and it also appears that this new module does away with the ability to enter both a Name and Email on the form.

So you might be able to ignore the GITHUB issue that I posted since this might just accomplish everything that the updated mod is doing.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

it's now mandatory to be signed into a real account in order to sign up for the In Stock Notification
    Not my version!
    But, the history of this is me customising it to death long ago for multi-language, attributes (almost) and better admin, before only recently opening a Github with the intention of incorporating these changes and updating it for php8.1 and ZC158. Which has not happened.
    So, it appears I am not familiar with the functionality of what is in Github.
    But, I would be suprised if it demanded an account for a subscription, that is a customer killer.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Not my version!
    Your version doesn't require the signing in with a real account? The version I installed was "Ceon Back In Stock Notifications" from the Plugin page. It's the version that now has the "modules/ceon_bis_form.php" file. The older version I had didn't have this.

All I did was install this latest version listed under the Plugin page and by default, it requires you to now be signed into an account before you can sign up for an In Stock Notification.

But, I would be suprised if it demanded an account for a subscription, that is a customer killer.
    I agree that this is inconvenient to new (non-registered) users......but it also seems to address the issue of anonymous users who use the ungated form to send the In Stock Emails to whatever email they want, and whatever name they want to use.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with Ceon Back In Stock Notifications

Hi All

I have recently upgraded my website to ZC v157. I have been using Ajax BIS with the old version but it seems it has not been upgraded for v157 and therefore I switched to CEON BIS. (Which I also think is better as it deletes notifications from the db after being sent)

I did all the necessary file merging and everything installed well. However, I have encountered a strange problem: When I run the notification for a product that is back in stock, it not only deletes that specific notification, but all the data (ie for other products and customers) in the back_in_stock_notification_subscriptions table! (Luckily I made backups before testing).

Has anyone encountered this? (Searching on the forum did not provide any results?). Or does anyone know where I can start looking for the problem (I am only an amateur-grade pHp coder).

Any help will be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Ceon Back In Stock Notifications

That is not a problem I have ever seen.
    I have a heavily-modified version in use on my site, and a lightly-debugged Plugin version on my Github which you should try.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

That is not a problem I have ever seen.
    I have a heavily-modified version in use on my site, and a lightly-debugged Plugin version on my Github which you should try.
    Thanks for the reply, I will have a look at the Github version...

Plugin Contributions

Update on the above:
    I noticed that all the 'id' values in the back_in_stock_notification_subscription database table were set to 0. Ticking the Auto Increment box for the 'id' field in database table solved the problem.
    Still have no idea how the problem happened in the first place....

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Back In Stock Notifications

If you are getting spam through the BISN form on the product page, either you can force customers to login first or try a Captcha.

I have recently updated

BISN
    https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart..._Notifications

and Google ReCaptcha
    https://github.com/torvista/Zen_Cart-Google_reCAPTCHA

to work together.
    Steve

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920