Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Back In Stock Notifications 3.0.0

my notification was working properly (new zen cart and this was one of the first module)
    now im done with all the modules this one does not seem to work
    ive spend hours trying to figure out what the problem is.. reinstalled everything and still no luck

when i click on notify me button it goes to shopping cart page (as if i was clicking on shopping cart button) nothing is added or deleted just goes to shopping cart page instead of conformation of being added to notify list.
    please help

Plugin Contributions

i also noticed when I click on an item someone subscribed to from back in stock notification list in admin menu it takes me to the product edit page and on top it says *Category is Disabled
    When I go to the item itself by catalog -> categories/products it does not say that..
    i dont know if this is suppose to be set this way or not..

Plugin Contributions

another thing...
    when I manually go to the notification sign up page it does work

the thing that does not work is the link and the button on product info page

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by littlekid440 View Post
    another thing...
    when I manually go to the notification sign up page it does work

the thing that does not work is the link and the button on product info page
    You've messed up with the placement of the form on the product info page template.

You've placed the form *inside* the add to cart form, which is wrong.. so the add to cart form is submitting the notification form to the shopping cart page.

Use a fresh template for the product_info page and start again on modifying it, taking better care this time to put eh back in stock notification form on a more appropriate (logical) place in the file and you should get things working.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

o...

yes that did solve it

Thank You

Plugin Contributions

I'm having an odd issue in relation to this module. When i subscribe to a notification I get the initial email "You have successfully subscribed to the Back In Stock Notification List for:" but when i update the product quantity to test the email to the subscription it fails to send a notificaiton. I decided to check the database table back_in_stock_notification_subscriptions and see the details in there but notice that the email field is empty

id product_id customer_id subscription_code name email_address date_subscribed
    3 623 3 NULL MyName NULL 2011-08-09 01:08:12

Any insight or help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

if looking at the site will help identify the problem here's the link www.matchlockarms.com

thanks in advance!
    Owner - MatchLock Arms, LLC and M&M Toys (Yes I sell toys and guns, but not toy guns)
    http://www.matchlockarms.com
    http://www.mandmtoys.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by matchlock View Post
    but when i update the product quantity to test the email to the subscription it fails to send a notificaiton.
    The software doesn't automatically send e-mails when you updated the product's quantity.

You must send e-mails through the Back In Stock Notifications utility in the admin.

id product_id customer_id subscription_code name email_address date_subscribed
    3 623 3 NULL MyName NULL 2011-08-09 01:08:12
    Everything's fine.. obviously you didn't cop onto what the "customer_id" field is for. :)

(The e-mail address can be access through it, which is how the software works, to use the "most up to date" e-mail address when sending notifications.)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

The software doesn't automatically send e-mails when you updated the product's quantity.

You must send e-mails through the Back In Stock Notifications utility in the admin.
    Thanks for the quick reply. After a little guidance I see that everything is working perfectly :)

Is there any way to automate this to run nightly? The reason I ask is I don't manually update my quantities in the store so i have no idea when products come in stock (distributor feed).

Everything's fine.. obviously you didn't cop onto what the "customer_id" field is for. :)

(The e-mail address can be access through it, which is how the software works, to use the "most up to date" e-mail address when sending notifications.)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    I see that now that you pointed it out. Thank again
    Owner - MatchLock Arms, LLC and M&M Toys (Yes I sell toys and guns, but not toy guns)
    http://www.matchlockarms.com
    http://www.mandmtoys.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. After a little guidance I see that everything is working perfectly :)
    No problem. :)

Is there any way to automate this to run nightly?
    It's certainly possible.. it's not that hard to create a Zen Cart script that runs on a cron job and instigates the notification list run.

I haven't personally done this for Back In Stock Notifications but others have. I'm afraid I can't remember who.

If no-one posts here you might want to create a script yourself or get your developer to create one.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ceon, a great module and its working like a charm for me. I am running 1.3.9a and using 1.3.9b files and no problem. If you or anyone can give me little help that how can I add Captcha for notification however captcha is already installed on my store and working fine with contact us and other pages. Any guidance in this regard will be much appreciated, that what files I have to update ...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast