Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Ceon Back In Stock Notifications 3.2.0 Released!

Hi,

It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of Ceon Back In Stock Notifications 3.2.0.

This is a significant update so all should upgrade!

It should be available from the downloads area soon and is also available for download now directly from Ceon.

From the Revision History:

[ADDED] Automatic database creation and configuration checking functionality added. The software will now automatically create the database table and add the configuration options. There is no longer any need to run an SQL script when installing the software!

[ADDED] Full support for Zen Cart 1.5.0 added.

[UPDATED] When building a link to a product's info page, Ceon Back In Stock Notifications now builds the appropriate link for the product's type. Previously the software built all product info page links for the general product type.

[UPDATED] All links to the product pages are now built using the current page's request type. Zen Cart uses NONSSL as standard but some templates use SSL for all links, so this change prevents any problems with mixed request types, which would otherwise show in the browser as SSL certificate/mixed content errors.

[UPDATED] Admin utility interface significantly updated with a much better look, now being similar in appearance to Ceon's other software for Zen Cart.

[UPDATED] On a product's info page, the number_of_uploads parameter is now removed from the link to the Back In Stock Notification form on that page. This should prevent the page being regenerated/reloaded because the browser thinks a different page is being loaded when the user really just wants to move down the page, saving the user time and avoiding the needless waste of server resources!

[UPDATED] On the back in stock subscription page, the number_of_uploads parameter is now removed from the links, simply to make the links nicer.

[BUGFIX] Only the sample file for the standard product type had the necessary code in it to allow overriding it using the standard Zen Cart template system. The sample files for all the supported product types now have this useful code.

As can be seen, this new version has a much nicer interface and a few other important changes.. not least the support for the links to product type pages other than the default product type!

Upgrade instructions are of course included in the documentation.

Please read and follow the upgrade instructions!

They're easy to follow and it shouldn't take long.

Enjoy!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default never satisfied, more functionality

Just in case there may be another version planned....just to mention what I have have changed/am missing from this mod in case others may find it useful.

1) Products with Subscriptions
    a) I have changed the Category column to Model No.
    Often I will order a not-normally-stocked product just on the basis of a subscription so having the model number is essential.
    Similarly I have added the model number to the confirmation email for the same reasons.

b) The category that is shown for the product is not the master category.

2) List all Subscriptions
    Often we correspond with a client directly and complete the order manually, so there is no need for the back in stock email.
    It would be convenient to be able to delete individual subscriptions from the admin page rather than having to go into the db and do it directly in the table.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Default Re: Ceon Back In Stock Notifications 3.0.0

I would like to add this back onto my product page "To be notified when this product is back in stock please click here." but I can't remember how I took it off.

Could anyone tell me what I need to add back in?

Thanks!

Oh and if you need a link http://frompropertorocker.com/index....oducts_id=4654 that one is out of stock. v139h

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what I did to screw this up, but on my center boxes I have
    "To be notified when this product is back in stock please click here." showing up twice.

It shows once / properly on the actual product page, but not on the centerboxes ie 'New Products for April' etc.

Which file do I need to start looking for?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: never satisfied, more functionality

Hi Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Just in case there may be another version planned...
    There is indeed. Probably a few weeks off.

1) Products with Subscriptions
    a) I have changed the Category column to Model No.
    Often I will order a not-normally-stocked product just on the basis of a subscription so having the model number is essential.
    Similarly I have added the model number to the confirmation email for the same reasons.

b) The category that is shown for the product is not the master category.
    I may or may not look at these ones.. see if I get time.

It would be convenient to be able to delete individual subscriptions from the admin page rather than having to go into the db and do it directly in the table.
    This would definitely be handy. A quick implementation of this, using JavaScript protection only would probably be fine for me to add.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by nolsowski View Post
    I would like to add this back onto my product page "To be notified when this product is back in stock please click here." but I can't remember how I took it off.

Could anyone tell me what I need to add back in?

Thanks!

Oh and if you need a link http://frompropertorocker.com/index....oducts_id=4654 that one is out of stock. v139h
    Your example product seems to be in stock, so I couldn't see the failure.

Basically, you must have modified your store template's tpl_product_info_display.php file but forgotten to put the Back In Stock Notifications modifications back in.

Copy them from the sample file in the distribution into your version of tpl_product_info_display.php.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    Which file do I need to start looking for?
    The output is added to the buy now button function zen_get_buy_now_button() in includes/functions/functions_general.php

So check it and if that's not it, try looking anywhere in your template where zen_get_buy_now_button() is called, in case you've used the variable it is assigned to twice.

That's as much as I can do to help... good luck!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default even more functionality

also on my to do list is adding a telephone field as a "fill this in if you want us to call you about this product" thing.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: even more functionality

Hi,

I'm using zen cart 1.3.9h and your back in stock addon (works great) but how could I set up a button in product listing page next to "out of stock" to redirect customers to the addon to be notified when in stock?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: even more functionality

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by ilmarchez View Post
    I'm using zen cart 1.3.9h and your back in stock addon (works great) but how could I set up a button in product listing page next to "out of stock" to redirect customers to the addon to be notified when in stock?
    Glad you like the software.. I'm working on v4 at the minute (with support for products with attributes via the forthcoming Ceon Product Variants module), hopefully it can be released soon.

The functionality you are asking for is already part of the software. You must have missed the step where you modify functions_general.php

Follow the installation instructions again (specifically the step "Updated Core File"), and you should be able to get things working so that the product listings link to the subscription form when a product (which has no attributes) is out of stock.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast