Plugin Contributions

Default Newbie Zenner needs help with sideboxes

Hello everyone...so glad to have discovered this site! I have version 1.3.7. I've attached my URL to share with you to see how I can fix the Category boxes from NOT overlapping into the Subcategory boxes...sure hope I explained that correctly! Yes, I also attached a jpg of what is going on.

http://pelvicpainsolutions.com/cart/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie Zenner needs help with sideboxes

In the file stylesheet_cat_menu.css change this:

Code:
    ul.makeMenu li > ul {          /* using the > selector prevents many lesser browsers (and IE - see below) hiding child ULs */
      display: none;               /* hides child menu blocks - one of the most important declarations */
      position: absolute;          /* make child blocks hover without leaving space for them */
      top: 2px;                    /* position slightly lower than the parent menu item */
      left: 157px;                 /* this must not be more than the width of the parent block, or the mouse will
                                      have to move off the element to move between blocks, and the menu will close */
    }

to this:

Code:
    ul.makeMenu li > ul {          /* using the > selector prevents many lesser browsers (and IE - see below) hiding child ULs */
      display: none;               /* hides child menu blocks - one of the most important declarations */
      position: absolute;          /* make child blocks hover without leaving space for them */
      top: 2px;                    /* position slightly lower than the parent menu item */
      left: 170px;                 /* this must not be more than the width of the parent block, or the mouse will
                                      have to move off the element to move between blocks, and the menu will close */
      border:1px solid #000;
       border-left:none;
    }
    I have been cheeky and added some borders too.

And think about upgrading to a more recent version of Zen for security and other reasons. You really should do this.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Nick...but I'm clueless where I'd even locate this file? I have GoDaddy (yes, I know...already heard the stories and working on finding another host) but for now, not sure where I can locate the file. I really don't want to have to hire a webmaster to fix this problem when I'd like to learn how to do it myself.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry should have said. It's here:

includes/templates/custom/css/stylesheet_cat_menu.css

So, you need to be able to edit it. The best way is to download it with ftp and then edit it and then upload it. ( But you can also do it through an online file manager if godaddy has one of those.)

Top tips:

1. Always back everything up. You need a copy of all the files on your computer or on a cd or whatever.

2. Always back everything up.

3. Work out how to ftp files between your computer and the hosting. This is just transferring files from your computer to the server and vice versa and is a basic skill. If you can't do that yet then investigate a ftp program like filezilla ( which is free) Once it is set up it is as easy as copying files from one folder to another ( which is actually all it is)

4. Use several different browsers on your computer. One of the should probably be firefox because it has some really useful tools. But that is the subject of a longer message!

5. And don't forget to back stuff up.

Plugin Contributions

That file would be in includes/templates/custom/css. You'll need to download it to your local computer using your FTP client, edit it, and upload it back.

Plugin Contributions

Please note, you are using an extremely old version of Zen Cart that is no longer supported and may contain numerous security vulnerabilities. You need to upgrade.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the advice. I hired someone to update my old version to avoid any issues. Glad to know so many of you are Zen guru's out there!