Plugin Contributions

Default How do I get the UK counties to automatically show as a pulldown?

Hi all

I launched my store recently after many months of configuring and tweaking ZC. Somehow I managed to forget that I trashed all other countries, states, etc from ZC and only remembered when testing PayPal and realising that PP needs counties to work properly.

Wanting a quick way to insert all the UK counties I found the 'Uk Counties sql script for RoyalMail' in the module directory. What I found was that this script didn't actually contain the county ISO codes, which confused me a little.

I've just sat and edited the file to contain all the correct county codes according to this list.

Now that I have uploaded the file, I'm not getting an option to select a county from the list when I register a new account. I just get the option to type anything in the County box. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Yet Another UK Counties Thread

ahh I've just found that when I type something into the county box and hit submit, it asks me to select from the list. How do I get it to just show the list to begin with?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. If you deleted all the countries from the database, and now want to put them back, you should delete the countries table and reload it from the appropriate section of the original SQL script for installing Zen Cart. If you don't, then the country ID values will be mismatched and cause you grief later, especially when upgrading.

2. If you want the "States Pulldown Box" to "always display", simply set the "State - Always display as pulldown?" to true in Admin->Configuration->Customer Details

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply. I would rather not have a long list of countries for the customer to scroll through when we can only sell our good in the UK. Is the problem only with upgrading?

Now that I know that there is an option to turn on the counties pull down I'm not sure that I need it. Typical, thanks anyway ;)
    Last edited by wizer; 16 Jun 2011 at 11:28 AM.