Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Shipping, Payments and PayPal issues

Hi

I have a couple of threads going on this and I think the whole thing is related.

1. For some reason the shipping does not get added when an unlogged in customer adds an item to the shopping cart. I want it to show straight away in the shopping cart. We have a flat postage rate below £30 car value. Above £30 is free. This all works, except the in the shopping cart view. If a customer logs in, it display correctly.

2. For some reason when a customer tries to pay via PayPal we get this:

3. I also have some issues with country codes and UK counties. I removed all countries and zones. Last night I re-inserted all the UK counties into Zones with their official ISO codes.

In Zone Definitions I just have 'All Zones' tied to UK (the only country in the list).

Some help would really be appreciated, I'm going around in circles.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Shipping, Payments and PayPal issues

I should note that I am using the Shipping Rates in Cart mod, which enables me to display the shipping cost before a customer registers or logs in.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Responding to the PayPal matter:

The "... cannot process from the geographic region you selected ..." message occurs when a customer chooses an address at PayPal that doesn't match available country+zone combinations available in your store, or selects an address not available in the zone you've selected in your Paypal module to restrict it to, if any.

Sounds like the hacking-out of information you've done is likely the culprit since I can't replicate the problem you mention when using a clean new install of ZC. Granted I don't have your addons installed either.

What's the actual address coming back from PayPal? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

As for your shipping-rates-in-cart mod, I'll defer that to whoever uses or wrote it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is becoming quite a serious problem. I have turned on PayPal debugging but I can't see anything which would suggest a problem. The counties are displayed correctly, as is the country.

Is there a way to reset/re-insert all of the original countries, zones, etc?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    Is there a way to reset/re-insert all of the original countries, zones, etc?
    Yes. I explained how to do that in my reply to your other post/thread on the same topic.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. So do I copy everything from

INSERT INTO countries VALUES (240,'Aaland Islands','AX','ALA','1');
    to

INSERT INTO languages VALUES (1,'English','en','icon.gif','english',1);

Do I need to delete everything that is currently there?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If I were doing it I'd click "Empty" in phpMyAdmin to truncate the tables: countries, zones, geo_zones
    Then I'd run all the INSERT INTO countries and INSERT INTO zones and INSERT INTO geo_zones (if any)
    Then re-do all the additional zones you had custom made ... and if you're doing it in an SQL file instead of the admin interface, make very sure that you use the correct country_id.
    Then redo all the zone-definitions you've made, using the admin interface.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    I have turned on PayPal debugging but I can't see anything which would suggest a problem. The counties are displayed correctly, as is the country.
    And how exactly do the country names and country codes coming back from PayPal match up with those in your store's database? And same with zones?

I'm only guessing since I can't see any of your actual log info, nor your altered database content.

Plugin Contributions

You forgot to tell me to backup ;)

I'll give it go and see what happens, thanks.