Plugin Contributions

email error I have no PHP option in my Email Options

Hi!

I have inherited the administration of a site that has been upgraded from 1.2.6 to the latest version and I an trying to debug some problems we are having.

The weirdest one I have found is the fact that in our Admin>Configuration>Emails Options>E-Mail Transport Method we have no option for PHP. This might be from the upgrade. How can I get this option working for this store?

Thanks,
    Amy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I have no PHP option in my Email Options

Very odd.

What options *does* it have?

Regardless, using SMTPAUTH is generally more reliable anyway.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I have: sendmail sendmail-f smtp smtpauth

smtpauth isn't working either though. I get an 500 internal server error with that option.
    Thanks,
    Amy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Very odd as well. I recommend chasing down your hosting company about the 500 error: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=63

And this will come in handy too: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Cool, I've already sent them a message about the error. I've looked through my debug logs and nothing is being generated.
    I'll do the onscreen errors thing and update the thread in a few hours. If you have any ideas how to get the php mail transport option back I'm all ears. Otherwise I'll work with my host to solve the 500 error.

Thanks,
    Amy

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Run this using Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patch:
    Code:
    UPDATE configuration set set_function='zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'PHP\', \'sendmail\', \'sendmail-f\', \'smtp\', \'smtpauth\', \'Qmail\'),', configuration_description='Defines the method for sending mail.<br /><strong>PHP</strong> is the default, and uses built-in PHP wrappers for processing.<br />Servers running on Windows and MacOS should change this setting to <strong>SMTP</strong>.<br /><br /><strong>SMTPAUTH</strong> should only be used if your server requires SMTP authorization to send messages. You must also configure your SMTPAUTH settings in the appropriate fields in this admin section.<br /><br /><strong>sendmail</strong> is for linux/unix hosts using the sendmail program on the server<br /><strong>"sendmail-f"</strong> is only for servers which require the use of the -f parameter to send mail. This is a security setting often used to prevent spoofing. Will cause errors if your host mailserver is not configured to use it.<br /><br /><strong>Qmail</strong> is used for linux/unix hosts running Qmail as sendmail wrapper at /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.' where configuration_key = 'EMAIL_TRANSPORT';
    But, since Zen Cart has always had a "PHP" option there, I suspect it was removed from your site *for a reason*. Proceed with caution.

Plugin Contributions

Fabulous, this worked. I am still going to pursue a follow up with my host about that weird internal error but at least we can send email again. Thank for your help, Dr!

Amy

Enjoy a Latte on me!