Plugin Contributions

Default Added Product Attributes, and price showing $0.00 on storefront page

Good Afternoon,

I am fairly new at zencart, but I have been learning alot fast with this forum....THANKS!!!

Anyways, I set-up the product attribute on just one product (to show my customer how it works) and now on the home page the product 10 before 6 shows starting at $0.00.

I have it listed under a category, then product...when you click on the product the price is listed, does anyone know how to fix this?

The site is www.10before6.com and if you look at the 10 before 6 shirt it says the shirt name & starting from is $0.00.

The other shirts I have not changed yet, so all the prices are still there, I only added the product attribute to that shirt.

I used the "Products Price Manager" & "Option Name Manager" to make a drop down of sizes for the shirt.

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks Again!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Added Product Attributes, and price showing $0.00 on storefront page

Have you got an individual price set up for that product, as a basic price?

I have some items that have prices effected by attributes, but have set the item up with a standard price first, then added the attributes afterwards. The attributes then add the difference in cost for each extra function/feature/colour/size or which ever you need. I did this by adding the attributes to the product after it was made, then editing the attributes to add extra cost and weight as appropriate.

It could also be that you have the 'Product Priced by Attributes:' check box set to yes in the product page in admin. Iirc, when you do this, the item is priced only by attributes.

I have that check box set to no, then use a basic price in the product set up for the cheapest option. Then I use the attributes only to add the extra cost/weight for each other choice as appropriate.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Added Product Attributes, and price showing $0.00 on storefront page

I tried that and it didn't work, all my check boxes are on "NO" for priced from attributes. I am gonna try deleting the product and doing it again and see if it works.

If anyone has a different suggestion, please feel free to share!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I JUST wrote a long, 2-email pages Tutorial last night on Pricing Products by Attributes for a customer. His products aren't the same of yours, of course, but the Attribute Pricing works just the same. It goes through the WHOLE process, step-by-step, with images, on how to price your products CORRECTLY using Attributes. This includes the making of the Option Name, making the Option Value's, using the Attribute Manager to insert those Options into the products, and setting your prices.

If you'd like a copy of it, just send me a pm with your email addy, because I sure don't want to write all that again!
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Get Em,

Your a lifesaver!!! I just PM my e-mail to you. I probably just missed one stupid step, and will kick myself in the ######## when I see your directions. Thanks again for your help!!

Jessica