Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with USPS module - won't do 1st class

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this! My site's been running fine for a bit, but I've never successfully been able to set it up to use anything other than first-class USPS shipping.

When I turn on Priority Mail small flat-rate box as an option as well (to cover the possibility of a large order that could go over the 13 oz first-class mail limit), anyone who orders something UNDER that limit no longer gets the option to use first-class mail!

They *see* the estimate for the cheaper shipping option, but when they go to actually check out, that option is missing, and it only shows the priority mail option (the flat-rate box) which is 3 dollars more.

It seems I'm stuck with either leaving it turned off (and thus potentially losing big-ticket customers who are simply unable to check out with their large orders), or turn off any small-order customers (my bread-and-butter).

Please advise!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with USPS module - won't do 1st class

First, make sure you have the current January 2, 2011 C version from post #26 update:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171314

Next, if the problem is with Canada, please see this post:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181895

Next, check the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging and check your Tare Rates as First Class is limited on weight ... Tare Rates of 0:0 will not add additional weight to the order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ah, thank you!

My tare was fine, and I wasn't dealing with international orders (so didn't know about the Canadian issues, though those are interesting -- I wonder why I'm still able to order 1st Class postage through eBay??)...

But I was using a "more recent" version (dated November 2011) of the USPS module that apparently was buggy. Now that I've "downgraded" to the one from January, it works great! Thank you VERY much for your assistance!

Not only does it now work properly for domestic, it also tests well on the couple of international addresses I checked. Hopefully all will work well the next time I get a big ticket customer. :)

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by L3Home View Post
    But I was using a "more recent" version (dated November 2011) of the USPS module that apparently was buggy. Now that I've "downgraded" to the one from January, it works great!
    I'm puzzled. Today is June 21, 2011. Where did you get a November 2011 file from?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.