Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default eBay integration ideas...?

First of all - I'm new here so hi to everyone. I've recently started work for a company whom provide e-commerce websites using Zen Cart. I was really surprised at how quickly and easily things were done and my first Zen Cart site has been completed!

Anyway, more to the point...

I've been looking for ways to integrate eBay into Zen Cart (or is it the other way around...) but there doesn't appear to be any solid way of doing this. It's not only something I want to use personally but something I've been asked about on several occasions.

Has this been attempted before? It seems like such an obvious module to have yet there isn't anything available!

I've got some rough ideas in my head as to how it will work but wanted feedback from you guys as to what can/can't be done and any problems I may run into. The main idea is to have a one-click solution that will export all products to eBay and grab all eBay sales to integrate into your customers records.

Too good to be true? Time will tell!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: eBay integration ideas...?

There are two solutions currently available. In the download section your find eBay Exporter which is a basic csv file generator that you can use to import products into Tubor Lister and then to eBay. Unfortunately, this mod has been abandoned for years but a great part of it still works and can be a simple start for implementation idea.

There's a commercial version in the Recommended Services section called AuctionBlox, it's a very expensive solution (in my opinion) and isn't updated enough to be in sync with Zen Cart. It's a great product when it works.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your input.

I've already had a look at the exporter module but as it's not automated in any way it's a lost leader really. I'll be using the eBay API to ensure everything is handled automatically.

In fact, I wrote a script yesterday that exports all customer orders as XML to feed into a seperate system. This could easily be modified to do the above.

I'll take a look at the other suggestion now for ideas.

Plugin Contributions

whew, something workable would sure be handy. i have a client with 12,00+ items listed in ebay and they want to have those items cross listed in their zen cart store.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tamalita View Post
    whew, something workable would sure be handy. i have a client with 12,00+ items listed in ebay and they want to have those items cross listed in their zen cart store.
    Getting what you have on eBay into Zen Cart is much easier than getting your Zen Cart stuff to eBay.

You simply exported your items from eBay and use Easy Populate or a similar mod to import them into Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to be revisiting this again soon hopefully. I've got some notes saved and I've had some new ideas so fingers crossed...

The idea will be to manage almost everything via Zen Cart and for automatic imports/exports to happen in the background with both product and customer information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
    I'm going to be revisiting this again soon hopefully. I've got some notes saved and I've had some new ideas so fingers crossed...

The idea will be to manage almost everything via Zen Cart and for automatic imports/exports to happen in the background with both product and customer information.
    Any updates on getting this working?

Thanks for all your help.

Artie

Plugin Contributions

MagneticOne's Store Manager has an ebay integration module that works nicely.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    MagneticOne's Store Manager has an ebay integration module that works nicely.
    So, I need to buy Store Manager for $149 AND eBay Integration for $119, $268 total?
    And what I'll get in the result? Will this automatically sync stock levels of ZenCart and eBay? I mean, if I sell an item from eBay, will it reduce Zen stock automatically, and vice versa?
    Also, can I choose items for auto sync? I don't want some item from Zen to appear on eBay, and don't want some eBay items to appear in the Zen shop.

Plugin Contributions

Don't mind. I've tried the Store Manager + eBay integration. Great product is you want to export items/quantities to eBay. But it doesn't work in revese direction - if you sold an item from eBay, this will not be reflected in your ZenCart store.
    So, I have to bypass this software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast