Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to select an action in Shipping Module

OK, yes... that was it. I did not have the code in the right place - at least I am not getting any errors and I have access to editing in the SHIPPING MODULES table....

HOWEVER, Shipping rates (none of them) are being added to any product at checkout. I don't think it's this particular file, but probably an error in the way I original set up my UPS shipping and/or the Shipping Module.

Is there a tutorial that explains STEP-BY-STEP, how to set up UPS shipping for 1. USA only 2. Tax in New York based on shipping address?

Thanks again for all your help.
    Marlene

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering if you could please delete this thread from your database as it is probably obsolete by now anyway. My client (owner of Waterweedmat.com) is concerned about security of the site because it is appearing when doing a search on Waterweedmat:
    [QUOTE=MarleneF;1041619]I'm using v1.3.9e
    Have not installed any addons that I can remember.
    The site is hosted at Dreamhost

I wanted to make some changes to the shipping module, but it looks as if I no longer have access.

I'm attaching a screen print of the SHIPPING MODULES page. If I click on an icon ("i" or arrow) in the "Action" column - nothing happens.

This is probably something really stupid - but I can't help myself. What am I missing?

Marlene

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by MarleneF; 26 Jun 2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: do not want URL in post/search engine

Plugin Contributions

Any way you can delete this obsolete thread? The owner of water weed mat.com is concerned about security of the site and since this is 6 years old, I doubt it has any value to anyone. The page appears when doing a search on water weed mat. Thank you... Marlene.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MarleneF View Post
    Any way you can delete this obsolete thread? The owner of water weed mat.com is concerned about security of the site and since this is 6 years old, I doubt it has any value to anyone. The page appears when doing a search on water weed mat. Thank you... Marlene.
    I'm not one of the Zen team, and couldn't delete this thread even if I wanted to.

What I can tell you though is that if the owner has security concerns then he/she should be addressing those concerns, and not trying to 'hide' them. There is a common saying among us security pros', and it goes like this 'Security by obscurity is worse than no security at all'. Another being 'security through obscurity is an illusion'

OK, so what if we do ignore the idioms, and this thread is deleted - It will still be found in Google and a zillion other sites with cached copies, and there's nothing can be done about that. Sure, it may make you (and your customer) *feel* safer if this thread didn't exist, just like an ostrich with its head in the sand also feels safe (I assume).

You, or the site owner actually have far more serious concerns to consider at the moment. Not only has Zencart moved on over the last 5 or 6 years (since V1.3.9) but so has the rest of the world. Webservers have been updated, PHP has been updated, MySQL has been updated - each of these taking this site one step further away from being compatible. The next update to any of these services could be the death of the site, and this will happen at the most inconvenient time possible. Updating a working site, at leisure, can be challenging. Updating a non functional site while under pressure can be near impossible. Many that have found themselves in this position have never been able to recover.

Cheers
    RodG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12