Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Pages Painfully Slow

I am using 1.3.9 with Easy Populate, an seo module, a query cache add on, and the apparel boutique template.
    I have recently begun uploading products via Easy Populate and have noticed that while the home and category pages load fine, the individual product pages load extremely slow (like they are going to time out for people slow.) Even on a page with no product image and very little going on (like this one: http://craftsupply.craftideasweekly....12-p-2581.html) it takes FOREVER to load.

I installed a query caching code hoping it would improve the issue...I suppose it did a little...but the project pages are still slow.

Any advice on how to fix this? Looking around on the forums, it seems this might be a database load issue. I am considering installing the magneti cone Zen Cart.Performanc e.module but don't want to install anything else if it is for nothing. I am also considering installing an image handler to improve overall site load but I am not sure it will help this issue.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks!
    Molly

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Pages Painfully Slow

your category page has loads more images so a page like this should be slower
    http://craftsupply.craftideasweekly....age=2&sort=20a
    but instead its snappy

That points to something on the product page, the only thing i can see different to normal is your social network script have you tried removing it to see if that makes a difference?

If you are using forefox you can analyse where the blockage/slowdown is using pagespeed or yslow
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Some food for thought...

Have a look at these ping times ... Quite slow

Ping 173.201.98.236

[craftsupply.craftideasweekly.com]

Round trip time to 173.201.98.236: 30 ms
    Round trip time to 173.201.98.236: 29 ms
    Round trip time to 173.201.98.236: 30 ms

Average time over 10 pings: 29.2 ms

The page you supplied (http://craftsupply.craftideasweekly....12-p-2581.html) has a missing, but desperately trying to load product image.

However, with a Google PageSpeed score of 80/100 I would have to start thinking hosting issues. Then I pull your DNS and see where you are hosted and have to look no further... You need to get a decent webhost.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I had previously removed the social media code to see if it made a difference and also loaded the entire site in the default Zen template to rule out any template/design issues. I posted a product detail page without an image simply as a test but all of the product detail pages have the same slow load time.

Could an error in the database cause this issue? It seems to weird to me that it ONLY happens on the product detail pages when other pages are serving much heavier content at 5x the speed.

I use GoDaddy 4GH with unlimited bandwidth and 150,000GB disk space and am not even close to reaching that usage. If it were an issue with the host, would I not have slowness across the whole site?

Is it possible one of the tables in the DB is having an issue? (I'm thinking possibly a field only used by product detail pages)

I really appreciate the help!

Plugin Contributions

The size of your plan... allowed disk and bandwidth have nothing to do with the server load. These servers are loaded... and loaded and loaded some more. They provide quantity not quality.

Want to check for yourself?

Go to your admin Configuration >> Logging >> and set Display The Page Parse Time to TRUE

Now compare it to ours for example (It will be in the footer)

http://pro-webs.net/store/

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    The size of your plan... allowed disk and bandwidth have nothing to do with the server load. These servers are loaded... and loaded and loaded some more. They provide quantity not quality.

Want to check for yourself?

Go to your admin Configuration >> Logging >> and set Display The Page Parse Time to TRUE

Now compare it to ours for example (It will be in the footer)

http://pro-webs.net/store/

~Melanie
    Hi Melanie,
    I believe you - just want to make sure I understand what is causing what. I have read that GoDaddy has a bad rep forloaded servers. But why would it cause slow loading on ONLY the product detail pages? That is what I am trying to understand...

I am open to looking at new hosts but need to make sure that is really causing the extreme slowness on only one section of my site.

Your site is great and super speedy (you guys host it?)

Thanks again,
    Molly

Plugin Contributions

You have pages on your site cached... they were all slow for me. Pages with more going on... especially queries.

There are some things you can do to make it a bit faster.... but there is NO excuse for it to run that slow, you haven't much going on.

Plugin Contributions

We are UK based and so there will be some latency involved when accessing a site based on servers in the USA - but the page you supplied the link for took a full minute to load up and that's clearly unacceptable. Also, when I navigated away from that page and then used the browser's Back button to go back to it then it took the same amount of time to load up again.

If you have products without images then try setting "Image Required" to false and see if that makes a difference to load times.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Definitely room to optimize and improve on my end with images, compressing css, and consolidating server calls, etc. The fact that the product detail pages load at least 10x slower than the other, much heavier pages on the site leads me to believe this specific issue is due to a huge table or the way in which something is compiled in the database for these pages.

What should someone do on the DB end to ensure pages are compiled as quickly as possible?

Thanks,
    Molly

P.S. I have read the forums post about best hosts for Zen Cart and will be comparing new potential hosts at a future date. :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Vger - setting Images to not required did speed it up some but still pretty slow. Anything else you suggest I try?

thanks so much,
    Molly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast