Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IP address problem with port number

I'm having problems setting up my paypal payment pro and it looks like paypal rejects it because of how the IP address is being send to them. they need it to be with out the port number but when zen cart sends it to them it goes with the port number and paypal flags it invalid. Can anyone tell me how I can disable the port number being send to them? this is the message I received from paypal regarding this...

I'm happy to assist you with your question today.
    Here is the IP address that was received by the system: ipaddress = "70.71.40.106:57463"
    Please note the IP address must be in a format such as 123.456.123.789 .
    Thank you for choosing PayPal, I wish you the best with your future transactions.
    Sincerely,
    Merchant Technical Services
    PayPal, an eBay Company

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IP address problem with port number

That's odd. Zen Cart is just passing along the IP address as reported by your webserver. Apparently your server is including the port number, which is rather unusual ... or at least this is the first I've seen anyone talk about it.
    How was that customer accessing your site?
    Any idea whether they were visiting via a proxy or behind a corporate firewall?
    How many customers are experiencing this problem?
    When did this first start happening?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thank you for your prompt response
    actually its a new zen cart install and Im still in the process of finishing up with the site
    I was installing the payment module - set up everything I needed to on paypal side and it was a test buy (on live mode with my real card) when I received this error..
    Im not on any proxy service or any firewall besides what microsoft windows 7 pro has build in and since it is a new server thankfully have not lost any customers...
    after you suggested maybe its my ISP I tried it using my cell phone using ATT internet service (road runner at home) and still received the same error message.
    my host for the site is Hostway and its shared hosting
    If i contact them would they be able to disable port number or is there another way I can disable port my self and see if it will work?

also I have numinix fast and easy ajax checkout module installed but I dont think it modified any paypal or payment files...

i will try contacting my host and see if they can disable port and let you know what happens or if you know of any solution please do let me know

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It would be very helpful if you could set up a new ZC install (ie: in another folder+database) *without* any addons, and then do a similar test.

Also, if you go to Admin->Tools->Whos Online, do all the IP addresses show port numbers on them too?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I contacted my host but the system admin was not around and they couldnt give me any answer until the sys admin is back...

actually when I go to who's online none of them show port number...

I will do a clean install of zen in a sub dir and let you know of the results.

Plugin Contributions

Dear Doc
    I did a clean install of Zen and configured only the paypal payment module and I received the same error.
    10747 Invalid Data - This transaction cannot be processed.
    the error is the same as the one from my live site
    debug shows port number was sent again as well

I did some research prior to contacting paypal and posting here and stumbled upon a thread from sometime back where you were helping out another user:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131473
    it seems like that user had the same problem but his log does not show IP address
    "[IPADDRESS] => unknown"
    for me the IP address shows port number...

I don't think contacting paypal will solve anything since the only thing big corp care about is money and they don't provide one on one support at all so I will keep dealing with my host and see if they can go around the port number...

If you can think of anything else I can do/check please let me know

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try the following edit to line 624 of /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php:
    Code:
          $cc_owner_ip = zen_get_ip_address();
    becomes
    Code:
          $cc_owner_ip = explode(':', str_replace(',', ':', zen_get_ip_address()));

Plugin Contributions

success!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Glad it worked for you.
    I'm certain the root problem is a server misconfiguration, and I'd recommend tracking it down with your hosting company lest similar problems creep up unexpectedly again.

Plugin Contributions

will do doc
    THANK YOU
    for your amazing support!