Plugin Contributions

Default Express Checkout - no address at all

I received a very strange order tonight.

Unregistered customer checked out using Paypal Express Checkout. Nothing unusual about the order except there's no address at all, just the customer's name and country are listed.

I checked the transaction on Paypal and it's the same there - "We have no shipping address on file".

How can this happen?

The order has physical products with weight, a shipping method was selected, and there's even a "print shipping label" icon on the transaction on Paypal but neither Paypal nor Zen Cart prevented the transaction from completing.

How can this happen?

Ed
    Zen Cart 1.39h, stable and active shop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Express Checkout - no address at all

Would be interested in knowing what PayPal says about it.

Did you happen to have PayPal Debug Logging enabled?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They didn't pick up after 10 minutes on hold so I'll try tomorrow and report back.

No debugging enabled, never had any need for that before.

Ed

Plugin Contributions

I talked to Paypal. After looking at the transaction they put me on hold for 20 minutes. When they came back they said that the customer can select "no shipping address required" and that the cart api is not picking up this fact.

I wasn't satisfied with that so they transferred me to a tech person. He was looking into the variables being passed back and forth and then he put me on hold...but I got sent out to the queue instead. So I hung up, maybe they'll call me back (yeah right)

Plugin Contributions

We just had the same thing happen to us. Order paid via PayPal express, no address sent back to the cart.

I do have the debugging logs turned on, but didn't see anything unusual in those (other than a lack of an address).

The payment email we received from PayPal was different than a normal one too. It looked more like when someone just sends you cash directly from within PayPal and in the details it said "Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment."

Cart is version 1.3.9d
    Payments/orders prior to this came through fine.
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

I received two of these (no shipping address, nothing "funny" in the logs other than the lack of address) yesterday. Running 1.3.9f (yeah, I know I should upgrade).

Anyone have any ideas regarding what's up?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Without seeing the logs, I don't have enough information to answer.
    2. Yes, you should upgrade. Many things were fixed since the version you're running, several specific to PayPal Express Checkout. I don't know why people won't upgrade so that they don't run into issues caused by known bugs, and then come along here asking for help ... basically asking us to re-do all that troubleshooting, debugging, and code-fixing all over again. Would you rather we worked on re-troubleshooting and re-fixing old things or work on the new things that benefit everyone?
    The upgrade from v1.3.9f to v1.3.9h takes all of 10 minutes, including making backups.
    [/rant over]

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.