I've found myself with a number of jquery based contributions at this point and am now working on streamlining adding in jquery mods that use the ready document statements in the header or footer.

Doing one mod only requires the addition of a small bit of script into the html_header.php file and is simple for install purposes.

However, if someone wants to have several jquery mods installed they have to combine 2 statements together and it's just not a simple thing.

So I was wanting to set up something to control that without the html_header.php /footer being edited. I'm heading towards figuring out how to best do it thru admin configuration setting.

But I wanted to see if anyone would talk about how jquery might be added in the next version of zen cart. Since jquery is supposed to be added in, I don't really want to do something that doesn't work well with the next version or has to be totally redone.

If that gets no answer, then I'm open to suggestions.

What I'm looking at doing would be to:
1. have the ready doc statements added to a config group for jquery
2. each would then have an activate / no activate setting
3. choice of header or footer placement
4. ability to edit settings inside the each statement
5. ability to limit that setting to only certain pages

Am I leaving out anything? Does this sound like an easy / straight forward way of doing it? I dislike have to fancy up coding or add new files just to accomplish a goal and want to keep it as simple as possible so that installation becomes a slam dunk.