Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with attributes please

Lori has the latest version of zen cart, but I do not think I do. I started to update my zen cart and then canceled half way through because I had not done a back up. So the version that it shows I have is the latest as well, but I still have some of the old files. I am wondering if that is the reason why this works on mine, but not hers.

Also, if I were to get on with her hosting company and ask them about permissions, what exactly do I need to be asking. Is it a certain type of permission that would not be allowing his configuration to work? What do I ask them exactly?

I really appreciate your help with this. So far you are our only help with this. Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Check that via php that the code can access the directories ...

If you do not have updated code, that could be a problem as no one knows what is current or half done etc.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

My files are not the issue though. My files are configured the way we have been trying to do with Lori's and my site works just great. It is Lori's that is not working. So my question was, do the current version of zen cart files allow for this kind of configuration? Is it the updated file coding that is not allowing this configuration to work? Do we need to change other coding not found in the configuration.php files in order to make this work?

Plugin Contributions

I am testing mine in v1.3.9h and I am having no problems ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Then I give up! I know I am not entering it wrong. You tried it my way too when you logged in to her FTP and it didn't work for you either, right? So is it user error or just something wanting to be difficult for me? I am at my witts end at trying to figure it out.

Plugin Contributions

I think it is something on the server but I do not know what it is ...

That was why I suggested talking to your hosting provider to see if they can see any permission or ownership errors ... or any other issue that might prevent this from working ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I will ask the hosting company, I was just not sure what wordage I needed to use and what questions I needed to ask exactly. I just need to ask them if there are any ownership or permission problems that would prevent what exactly? Sorry. I just want to get the questions right before I ask. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

K, I talked with the guy at hostmonster, the first guy I talked to last week said everything was correct, but he didn't ask me what correct was. This guy asked me what the permissions needed to be set to and I said 777 as per Linda's reply earlier. He said that wasn't what they were set to, so he changed them to 777 for me, but I'm still not getting green dots. I know you gals moved some stuff around, so do I need to move my downloads back to somewhere else? Am I entering the path correctly?

Plugin Contributions

I got back on with Hostmonster again and he said they can't set to 777 because their Apache server considers that a security risk and blocks the files, is there an alternative to set it to?

Plugin Contributions

If you mean the /pub then use 755 ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567