Plugin Contributions

Default What does the public see when they click "new products"

When I click "new products" I see old products. Then I noticed the dropdown list at the top that lets me customize what is displayed. Now I see the newest products when I click "new products".

My question is, when I change that dropdown setting, does that determine what the customers see? Or are they all seeing something different based on what their dropdown box is set at?

I want everyone to see the newest products first.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What does the public see when they click "new products"

Um .. what "dropdown" are you referring to?

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=3

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was referring to the dropdown box at the top of my product pages, that lets you chose display order.
    Anyway, I got what I needed from your link.

Another question...Can I display my product ID# on my product listings? The reason for this is that I want to edit the prices on all of my product attributes and make them all similar. I want to do this for MOST but not ALL products. I figured this would be easier if I could browse my product and just jot down the ID #s for the ones I want to change and then got to attributes manager and just zip through it real fast. Or is there another way to qiuckly edit a lot of attribute prices?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can hover your mouse over each link in your product listing, and you'll see the &products_id value shown in the bottom status bar of your browser (if you have that bar turned on). You can quickly jot down numbers that way.
    You can also see all the products in a category from within your admin by clicking on that category. The product ID numbers are listed in the first column of that display.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.