Plugin Contributions

Default One Paypal account for 2 websites

I am currently using Paypal Standard on my website.
    I would like to launch a 2nd website, and use the same Paypal account on this website.
    This does not look to be possible with Paypal Standard, since 2 URLs of the website are recorded in the Paypal account.

Would Paypal Express Checkout offer this possibility : one single Paypal account for 2 websites?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One Paypal account for 2 websites

If Zen Cart is running both sites, then you can safely use Express Checkout or Standard on either or both sites.

Your next response is going to be "but PayPal only lets me enter one URL". That's fine. It only needs to have one. Zen Cart overrides whatever you put there anyway. It just needs something valid in there.

Read here: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=229

I would VERY MUCH encourage you to use Express Checkout on both sites, since it's more reliable than Standard.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr Byte.

In a first step I might use Express Checkout on my 2nd website, and still use Paypal Standard on my 1st website.

Then in a 2nd step, migrate to Express Checkout on the 2nd website.

Does this make sense?

Plugin Contributions

I'm glad I found this post, as I think it answers a question I had, but just for further clarification...

I have IPN set up for membership upgrades on my site. I want to keep this functionality, but am now adding a store using Zen cart. Am I understanding correctly that zen cart payments will automatically override the set url? I realise that it sounds like this is a question already asked and answered, but am wondering if the override functionality only occurs if the url is from another zen cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MoreArtsLand View Post
    I have IPN set up for membership upgrades on my site. I want to keep this functionality, but am now adding a store using Zen cart. Am I understanding correctly that zen cart payments will automatically override the set url?
    Yes. Zen Cart will work fine. I suggest that you use Express Checkout in your Zen Cart site since it's more reliable than the Website Payments Standard/IPN method.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!