Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by labatts03 View Post
    I have no other suggestions, sorry, that is the same problem I had, but after looking at the .htaccess file and seeing the name of my admin file I felt I did not want to go any farther with this program to figure it out.
    I'm pretty sure the same as in this post must apply to you.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

After taking a look at your site I saw that the configuration options in the admin had not been created during installation.

This is very strange. It has happened to two of you here and I noticed it happen with 3 or 4 users of Ceon URI Mapping 3.x previously.

Yet there's no logical reason for this to ever happen, it's just a simple SQL insert command.

I was able to "fix" your installation by going to Modules -> Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config, appending ?check-config to the address (after .php), then refreshing the page.

The software then checked for the config option, found it missing and added it.

It added it using exactly the same method that was used in the attempt to add it when you first installed.

Why this "sometimes" fails and works other times is beyond me! Computers don't work randomly like that! So it must be a strange Zen Cart quirk. Hmm.

Nevertheless, that's things fixed for you now.

I may add this info as a FAQ in case this happens to others, although I really am at pains to understand why it happened in the first place!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    That is extremely odd. But regardless, I'm extremely happy to see the problem fixed. It's definitely working great now. I truly appreciate all of your help, Conor!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

first of all the module is great :-)

I'm using ZC 1.3.9 heavily modded and get 2 problems:

1) When i make the installation check vor CEON URI i get always this error message, even when i simply user your provided file and overwrite the existing one. It maybe a bug in the Module:

Code:
    A file requires 4 modifications to be made for it, modification numbers 2, 3 &  4 have been made, but modification number 1 is missing.
    Code:
     The path to the file is pathtofile/myadminfolder/ezpages.php
    (remove the original path for security reasons)
    2) The Character/String Replacement won't work for me. I entered this string:
    Code:
    €=>EUR, £=>GBP, $=>USD, ä=>ae , Ä=>Ae, ü=>ue, Ü=>Ue ,ö=>oe, Ö=>Oe, &=>und, ß=>ss
    I tried before without the space before the comma, it still didn't replace the string.

If i understand this function right, it should convert my Categorie Zubehör into Zubehoer.

I also use this option:
    Use the names/titles as they are (E.g. “MedalofHonor”/“Medal-of-Honor”).

Maybe you have a hint for me, why this won't work.

Regards
    MaleBorg

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by maleborg View Post
    first of all the module is great :-)
    Glad you like it, those comments make all the effort feel a bit more worthwhile!

1) When i make the installation check vor CEON URI i get always this error message, even when i simply user your provided file and overwrite the existing one. It maybe a bug in the Module:
    There are no known problems with the installation check code. So you must have made a mistake in this file.

Hundreds of people couldn't be wrong and only you have a problem with the "clean" file so I'm thinking you haven't actually copied the file across properly.

You can try again or wait to try again after installing the next version.

2) The Character/String Replacement won't work for me.
    Two things about this.. first off, you're right! Oh dear, the Character/String replacements aren't being loaded in v4.x and therefore never used!

This is a bug and I fixed it in about 15 seconds here. I'll include the fix in the next version, which I hope to release today, with support for Zen Cart 1.5.0beta.

As for what you are using it for.. you shouldn't need to use character/string replacements for converting Ü=>Ue ,ö=>oe, Ö=>Oe.. the fact that you do means that you haven't set up your Zen Cart properly.

You should be using UTF for the database and output if you are using Ü, ö, Ö etc. Ceon URI Mapping should transliterate these values correctly as you desire, without you having to enter the specific replacements you had, when it detects a UTF string.

It's unfortunate that Zen Cart up to now hasn't had great UTF support.. with later versions of 1.3.9 and 1.5.0 that appears to have changed.

Anyway, with the "fixed" replacement code I've just written, your conversions work perfectly here when using ISO-8859-1.

So just hold out for version 4.0.3.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

There are no known problems with the installation check code. So you must have made a mistake in this file.

Hundreds of people couldn't be wrong and only you have a problem with the "clean" file so I'm thinking you haven't actually copied the file across properly.

You can try again or wait to try again after installing the next version.
    Hmm, the weird thing ist, as i posted the first time, i simply copied your file to the right place on my server. I'm pretty surethat your file have all needed changes included :-)

Two things about this.. first off, you're right! Oh dear, the Character/String replacements aren't being loaded in v4.x and therefore never used!

This is a bug and I fixed it in about 15 seconds here. I'll include the fix in the next version, which I hope to release today, with support for Zen Cart 1.5.0beta.

As for what you are using it for.. you shouldn't need to use character/string replacements for converting Ü=>Ue ,ö=>oe, Ö=>Oe.. the fact that you do means that you haven't set up your Zen Cart properly.

You should be using UTF for the database and output if you are using Ü, ö, Ö etc. Ceon URI Mapping should transliterate these values correctly as you desire, without you having to enter the specific replacements you had, when it detects a UTF string.

It's unfortunate that Zen Cart up to now hasn't had great UTF support.. with later versions of 1.3.9 and 1.5.0 that appears to have changed.

Anyway, with the "fixed" replacement code I've just written, your conversions work perfectly here when using ISO-8859-1.
    I'm using the german Zen-Cart version 1.3.9h which already has UTF-8 Support included. My Database and the entries are also in UTF-8.

But when i edit an existing Categorie like Zubehör i get only Zubehor. That's why i want to use the replacement Stings.

I also want to replace strings like & to get better readable URLs. I know i could do this all manually, but i think it's worth to mention it.

Maybe you have a quick solution for me, Thank You!

Regards
    MaleBorg

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Hmm, the weird thing ist, as i posted the first time, i simply copied your file to the right place on my server. I'm pretty surethat your file have all needed changes included :-)
    Yes, I didn't miss that you'd posted that the first time.. I did say though that you must have made a mistake.. it's easily done, we all do it.. as it wouldn't "not" work for you but work for hundreds of others! :)

If I am wrong on that then send me FTP and admin details for the site so I can take a look and you can prove me wrong as such. :)

I'm using the german Zen-Cart version 1.3.9h which already has UTF-8 Support included. My Database and the entries are also in UTF-8.

But when i edit an existing Categorie like Zubehör i get only Zubehor. That's why i want to use the replacement Stings.
    Fair enough. You can update the Transliteration code if necessary, but replacements are easier.

I'm disappointed that the Transliteration library doesn't transliterate as you desire.. I thought it was quite good in that way.. obviously not for you.

I also want to replace strings like & to get better readable URLs. I know i could do this all manually, but i think it's worth to mention it.
    No, that's what the functionality was written for, so of course you should use it! :)

Maybe you have a quick solution for me, Thank You!
    As I said yesterday, this is fixed in the new version. I didn't get time to release it yesterday, I'll try to get the time today.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I didn't miss that you'd posted that the first time.. I did say though that you must have made a mistake.. it's easily done, we all do it.. as it wouldn't "not" work for you but work for hundreds of others! :)
    Hi Connor,

we are both right. Your installation check work perfectly when i use the normal ezpages.php you provided with the modul.

I installed Multilanguage EZ-Pages 1305v2.02 and use this file from you.

Your installation check in the file class.CeonURIMappingInstallationCheck looks for Step 1 in the EZ-Pages
    Code:
    $ceon_uri_mapping_admin->insertUpdateHandler($pages_id, $pages_title);
    In the third party ezpages.php you will only find in Step 1
    Code:
    $ceon_uri_mapping_admin->insertUpdateHandler($pages_id, '', $pages_title_array);
    So it's clear for me, that everything is fine, i just encounter the error because of the slight modification in the third-party ezpages.php.

I just take a look in the transliterations *.php files. I see in the beginning of every file only
    Code:
    return array(
      'en' =>
    Did this mean, the transliterations will only used for the english language? Maybe this caused my trouble.

Regards,
    MaleBorg
    Last edited by maleborg; 9 Aug 2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: appending second topic

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

we are both right.
    I like it when that happens. No one loses! ;)

So it's clear for me, that everything is fine, i just encounter the error because of the slight modification in the third-party ezpages.php.
    Should have thought of this. I've updated the installation check in 4.0.3 to be compatible with both now.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just take a look in the transliterations *.php files. I see in the beginning of every file only
    Code:
    return array(
      'en' =>
    Did this mean, the transliterations will only used for the english language? Maybe this caused my trouble.
    Everything is transliterated to the URI-compatible equivalent, which is assigned the key of en. That's not the problem, this should covert from the charset of DE characters to the URI equivalents.

For example, in x01.php you'll see that some of the character codes are transliterated to 'AE', 'ae' etc.

I didn't write this library so I don't know which codes are used by which characters, but people in the past have "customise" the transliteration by modifying the x*.php files. In your case, changing the appropriate entry from Ä to 'Ae'.

I don't know why your particular charset is matching to 'a' but if you looked in depth at the transliteration code and files you could probably work out where you could change a value in a x*.php file from 'a' to 'ae'.

That would probably take a while and you need to replace & etc. anyway so it's easiest for you just to wait for working char-replacement functionality of 4.0.3.

Got to run, have a good day...

COnor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,I have installed this addon without error,i have create a .htaccess files in root folder,but my zencart halt when i manually type the url in uri mapping field,what problem do i have?

Plugin Contributions

HI,

Quote Originally Posted by shaneblanc View Post
    Hi there,I have installed this addon without error,i have create a .htaccess files in root folder,but my zencart halt when i manually type the url in uri mapping field,what problem do i have?
    You've almost certainly not copied all the files across properly.

Check your "cache" folder for any "debug" files generated by Zen Cart, which should point towards the file(s) you've missed.

Then copy all the files across again, making sure not to miss any/the one outlined in the debug file.

Hope that helps.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast