Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,
    I replied to your e-mail.. did you get my e-mail ok?
    Yes thanks, got your email. Will respond to it shortly, probably tomorrow actually.

Argh, I've tracked this and can see that you've found a bug.. the SQL is missing its closing quote.
    I was a database programmer years ago so know a bit about databases. :)

In your case, you'd actually added an incorrect mapping, by manually adding a mapping for '/'.. a mapping was never required for the root of the site in version 3.8.0.
    Actually, I have not added any manual database entries into the 3.8.0 table. I have looked at it and see this... I have created 6 x categories in Zen that act as spacers.... ie... I have 20+ categories and on the left menu, I dont want them all together, so after 5 categories, I wanted a space and the way I did it was to create a category with a blank name... Having a cateory with a name with just a since space did nto work, it never made that space I wanted, so, I created the category with <ALT>255 - which is a blank character... There are 6 of these categories just the same... and if you remember my reply earier, the manual entry of the update command updated 6 rows... I manually looked into the tabe and see that is exactly the case... ^ records in the table now have the 'uri' field as blank. Not particularly bothered as there are no products in there, and I will manually do something to fix it..

One thing I will say about that is, I dont know how those 6 blank categories got into your mappings table because I KNOW, that I have never edited those 6 categories to manually get them into the URI database like I did with the 400 or so other categories... So a little confused with that..!!

I understand why you needed to do that.. that's the "Admin Profiles" module. To be honest, that's really your responsibility to know how it works when you install it, but I guess it might be worth adding instructions for others who forget when they've got it installed to check its settings. :)
    I agree that it is a good idea to put a line in the instructions for those that forget they have admin tools..

Cheers
    Gertzy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kamelion0927 View Post
    ...It also added a non-included line next to a rewrite rule

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/shop/ [NC]# Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxxx])

which also gave me an error (but google was kind enough to help me figure out what the problem was).

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Sorry - I didn't add the fix to one of the issues in my last post and wanted to document it in case someone else needs it.

If you're getting a bad rewrite request error, make sure all not-included rewrite rules are on their own line. So to fix the problem above, make it look like this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/shop/ [NC]
    # Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxxx])

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Getting the same error as kamelion0927.
    I can access a product page via a direct link ok but cannot use the home button to get to the normal landing page
    "/localhost/catalogue/" it just gives a blank page.
    If i put in "/localhost/catalogue/index.php?main_page=index." note the "." it loads.
    Don't know much about this sort of stuff but maybe it will help.

Plugin Contributions

HI,

when I ran the installation check, I was told that the line above needed to be

RewriteRule .* shindex.php [QSA,L]

which made me laugh because it just doesn't look right (and yes, I tried that line as well just to make sure). It also added a non-included line next to a rewrite rule

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/shop/ [NC]# Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxxx])
    I was able to replicate this problem. A "\n" was missing when the store used a subdirectory.

I've fixed this now.. the download archive's files include this fix. Again, not making this an official 4.0.1 update as so few people have this version.

Simply download the archive again and overwrite the files on your site with the files from the "files" folder and the example Rewrite Rule produced in the Installation Check will be the one you should use. I've tested this properly this time, sorry about earlier.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Last edited by conor; 15 Jul 2011 at 02:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RobL View Post
    I can access a product page via a direct link ok but cannot use the home button to get to the normal landing page
    "/localhost/catalogue/" it just gives a blank page.
    If i put in "/localhost/catalogue/index.php?main_page=index." note the "." it loads.
    I have never seen anything like that before. Maybe it's the same issue with the missing newline in the example rule.

Please re-download 4.0.0 and overwrite the files on your test site with the files from the "files" folder and that will let you produce the correct rewrite rule to put in your .htaccess file.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

HI,

I was able to replicate this problem. A "\n" was missing when the store used a subdirectory.

I've fixed this now.. the download archive's files include this fix. Again, not making this an official 4.0.1 update as so few people have this version.

Simply download the archive again and overwrite the files on your site with the files from the "files" folder and the example Rewrite Rule produced in the Installation Check will be the one you should use. I've tested this properly this time, sorry about earlier.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate your prompt response and help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your prompt response and help.
    No problem! I've uploaded the updated archive now.

Good night!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

No problem! I've uploaded the updated archive now.

Good night!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Night - you too.

Plugin Contributions

Putting the new files on worked great

Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RobL View Post
    Putting the new files on worked great

Thanks for the help.
    Glad to hear that. Enjoy the new URIs! :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast