Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to install attributes add on, technical assistance required

I want to use the "Stock by Attributes" add on that can be found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=310

I have downloaded the package and read the the "read me" file and found that installing this add on is beyond my abilities and makes no sense to me at all.

I was wondering if there was an experienced zenner on here that could either give me a more detailed beginners hand holding description to installing this add on or would install the add on for me please? Or perhaps point me in the right direction for finding such help.

I'm using the latest version of Zen cart, no upgrades added and no other add ons have been installed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to install attributes add on, technical assistance required

Since you're starting with the latest Zencart version, and haven't added any mods yet, it's pretty simple. From the readme.html file:

Create a new database table and a new configuration switch by running the 'stock_attribute.sql' via Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patches. If you prefer to use another method to create this table, you will need to edit the file if you use a prefix such as "zen_" for your tables.

Open the stock_attribute.sql file in your text editor. Use the 'select all' function to highlight all the text, then Copy it to the clipboard. Then go to Admin - Tools - Install SQL Patches, and Paste the text into the large box, and click on Send.

Prepare the package for upload to your server by renaming the following folders to match your template name: includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE and includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE.

Find the two folders mentioned in the mod's folders and rename them to the name of your custom template. If you haven't created your custom template yet, do that first - there are a couple of tutorials that describe the process. It's simple.

If you are installing onto a new install or upgrade of Zen Cart 1.3.5 or later then with most good FTP programs (such as FileZilla) you can simply drag and drop the admin and includes directories into the root directory of your site. The files are already arranged in their directory structure.

Rename the 'admin' folder in the mod to the name of your admin folder name. Using your FTP program, drag and drop that folder and the 'includes' folder from the mod to the root (top) directory of your store.

This process will be pretty much the same for most mods you might want to install in the future, so it would be good to learn how now, rather than having someone do it for you, I think.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to install attributes add on, technical assistance required

Thank you so much stevesh for the excellent instructions, it's installed perfectly.

You've just saved me a lot of headaches