Plugin Contributions

Default The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi/zc_install/index.php was not found on this server.

I recently had to switch my site over to a new hosting server. I reuploaded the files. And added the zc_install folder. I still cannot get to the installer. Even using the direct link which should be www.domain_name.com/zc_install.

"The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi/zc_install/index.php was not found on this server."

I have changed all folder/file permissions.

The admin folder is set as "admin." No idea what other info to give, but if you can shed any light on what the issue might be, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do have an index.html file in the main directory just to keep a splash page up for our current customers. I have tried deleting it to see if that would fix the issue and it did not.

Thanks in advance!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi/zc_install/index.php was not found on this ser

Sounds like you got a cheap 'n nasty deal from your new hosts. I'd move... and fast.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi/zc_install/index.php was not found on this ser

Oh, no, I currently have another zen cart and 2 other domains on this new hosting server. I was switching from a terrible hosting company which shut down our website and deleted all of my files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's quite unusual to be running from a /cgi-bin/php-cgi/ folder. Hence the comment earlier about the host being odd ... which it is.

Time to talk to your hosting company about the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What did your host say?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JDuval View Post
    "The requested URL /cgi-bin/php-cgi/zc_install/index.php was not found on this server."

I have changed all folder/file permissions.

The admin folder is set as "admin."
    I've seen this before (several years ago). For reasons I never discovered, the host had put in an alias along the lines of

Alias /admin/ /cgi-bin/

Needless to say, I couldn't access anything in the admin section of the store.

The 'cure' was quite easy - just rename the /admin/ folder (which is recommended practice anyway).

I *think* I had to make a few tweaks to the installation scripts in order to get it to install though, but after that everything was fine.

Cheers
    Rod