Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add Multiple Items to Cart from Single Product Description Page

Hello all! I'm currently using v1.3.9h, and I've search the net three or four times over for something that seems simple enough, but without decent coding skills, most definitely isn't.

I need to be able to add variants of a product to the shopping cart from the the product's main description page - but not for all products. Attributes won't work at this point because each variant has it's own model number, and needs to continue with it's own model number, but navigation is getting a bit cumbersome for customers since they have to scroll through half a dozen options of the same item before getting to the next.

What I want to do is something like this (exactly like this, actually): http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7783

I think the color choices listed in the example above might be attributes, where as mine would be actual items. I need to show the stock available as this examples does, and I have no problem inserting a form in each description page if I need to (especially since I don't want this appearance on all description pages).

My intent was to "hide" the listed products from categories, new products, search, etc. so instead of having five xyz in five colors, I would just have one, and the variables would display as they do in the example.

Any assistance would be most appreciated! You guys are great! I wished I could contribute more, maybe someday I'll be able to!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Multiple Items to Cart from Single Product Description Page

Can't help with the custom code that would require, but if the model number thing is the only impediment to using attributes, and since your attributes would be unique to each product anyway, you could add the model number to the option name:

Green - 12345
    Red - 45678

Plugin Contributions

Thanks stevesh! It's a matter of inventory tracking and quickbooks syncing. I tried a few addons, including Stock by Attributes (or something similar), but had issues I decided not to deal with since ultimately, it didn't look like it would sync with Quickbooks anyway.

I invested countless hours getting QB Sync and Web connector to finally work (gave up twice, contrary to my nature - which I guess is why I kept going back to it ) and to get things matched with Quickbooks.

The table in the example would be the most practical solution for me. I even wrote the website to inquire about it, but, well, that wasn't very productive - not that I thought it would be...

I need a form that, at a minimum, calls a product's quanity on hand and the function to add quanity to the shopping cart. I know php about like I know Spanish - I can recognize bits and peices and figure out vaughly what the conversation is about, and even contribute just a bit - but there's no way I could sit down with a blank page and write anything other than "Donde esta el gato?" or "Silencio! Sientese!"

I've been saying this for years now, when I started working with Moodle, but I guess I need to break down and take a formal php class.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Add Multiple Items to Cart from Single Product Description Page

Hi,

Being new to zen cart, I was wondering if there is a way to skip the product description page n move on directly to shopping cart from product listing page? This because my customers would have read extensively about the product before deciding to buy it.

Thanks in advance,

Mukund

Plugin Contributions

That depends on whether you have attributes (including downloadables). Any attributes require going to the product info page to make selections. If you have no attributes, there are various admin settings that can allow different ways of adding multiple products to cart from the listing page.
    It is possible with significant custom coding to show and use attributes on the listing page; search the forum for discussions if you want that.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Add Multiple Items to Cart from Single Product Description Page

Hi gjh42,

I have no attributes to any of the products, plz let me know on how to add single or multiple product/s to cart from the listing page itself?

Thanks in advance,

Mukund

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Configuration > Product Listing >
    Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)
    and
    Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location

Various layout options - experiment!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks gjh42, this took care of that. Also is there a way to directly provide a link to the Shopping Cart Content page with a specific product in it already, from a product description page outside the ZEn cart but within the same website?

Thanks,

Mukund

Plugin Contributions

Some info here, starting at post #11:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84257

Plugin Contributions

So any ideas on how this zen cart setup is accomplishing the multiple items/attributes table (form) on the product page? http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7783

If someone could at least point me in the direction of how to call the available stock for other items to a product page, I could probably (maybe) figure out the quantity submit box.

Any help would be most appreciated. I've been working on this nearly two weeks, and I've gotten nowhere. I'm totally stumped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast