Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default too many redirects 301 error - trying to login to admin

I am having an issue trying to access the admin login page of a fresh install, this morning I did a fresh manual install, after prompted to delete zc_install, and moving admin folder, i am blessed with the too many redirects 301 error.

After a few hours of browsing FAQs and posts here and in google, it seems that besides a few simple fixes, most posts were simply abandoned.

I decided to use Godaddy Hosting connections to see if they had the same issue, and it did the same thing. So i called tech support and after an hour or so came to the decision that there is an issue with some .htaccess file somewhere in the admin folder. Not sure which one and i am not saying it's a ZC issue, as I am sure it works somewhere, just not the hundreds of other people who are having issues.

I did an install a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly, though this was on a windows box, not a linux like i am now. Which also leads me to suspect the .htaccess file because its not used in a windows environment.

Please dont tell me to change hosts as alot of posters do, Godaddy serves a purpose and I want to help solve the issue, not bash Godaddy.

My question is if there is somewhere that lists all of the .htaccess files under admin, and what their purpose is?

Just maybe we can resolve this issue and not have people abandon the software because they cant get into the admin.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New install- Error message - Accesing admin

As suspected, just did an install on my windows box and admin works just fine, now i am sure it is .htaccess and Godadday's php config, just not sure what, any clues? or guidance?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New install- Error message - Accesing admin

Funny, i can register from the frontend, i get the email, i can log in the frontend, but still no admin login page

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: too many redirects 301 error - trying to login to admin

None of the supplied .htaccess files do any redirect activities.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for making this a separate thread, i worried about it last night lol.
    so where could i start looking for this answer? where is this redirect coming from?
    i really want to use zc for this new venture, but im close to giving up. what kind of info can i post to help resolve this?
    also pardon and spelling or grammar errors, im recovering from hand surgery, and can only use 1 hand and 1 finger on the other lol.

Plugin Contributions

whoa, just noticed something from another post, when i go to the admin url, it errors on login.php, i clicked a link for some elses and noticed theirs ended with login.php?zenAdminID=1a3620a9ccd75e4af39b750146aa1d5e
    Could this be an issue? i checked my windows install, which works, and it shows login.php?zenAdminID=s4pb42nvlsptokrpdcujt3clp7
    the linux box is not showing the zenAdminID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

I did an install a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly, though this was on a windows box
    .htaccess directives only apply to Linux/Unix systems.

Please dont tell me to change hosts as a lot of posters do, Godaddy serves a purpose and I want to help solve the issue, not bash Godaddy.
    You're overlooking the fact that there are very good reasons why people "bash" GoDaddy. The bottom line is - the problem isn't with Zen Cart.

Vger

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A real quick simple test: Install Zen Cart on another host someplace. You'll see that the problem doesn't follow you there. Then you can decide which host you wish to use. If you wish to stay with GoDaddy, get their technical support staff to help you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: I posted this on their forums:
    "I did a manual install of Zen Cart and found i could not access the admin login page, 301 too many redirects. so i decided to install through hosting connections and guess what, same issue. So after an hour on the phone with support, they basically told me that i cant use Zen Cart on Linux shared host! I after 10 years as a godaddy customer, i guess it time to move on. So dont try to install Zen Cart on a Linux plan, even though ZC is written in php, it just doesnt work."
    got this response:
    "We’re going to reach out to you directly via email. Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention."
    Maybe can get to the bottom of this and godaddy customers can use ZC again! lol
    It would just be too much to move 40+ sites.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ceffthor View Post
    So after an hour on the phone with support, they basically told me that i cant use Zen Cart on Linux shared host!
    Clearly that GoDaddy support rep doesn't know what they're talking about.

Zen Cart does indeed work just fine on Linux hosting. Indeed it's the preferred platform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast