I've moved my site to a new host using a cPanel transfer. After the nameservers resolved the site didn't load. the debug_util said out of memory caused by seo_urls. I increased the php memory_limit to 64 and still no go. I reset the seo cache, turned rewrite on and off, toggled all the settings.

The only thing that helped is turning "Enable product cache" off. With that off the site loads fine and is pretty fast. We have almost 40,000 products. Our new host says that we're using a huge amount of resources. We only get 20-30 visitors at a time so it's not like we should be using that much resource. I think maybe the products URLs not being cadhced is causing a heavier load on the server than is necessary.

Does anyone have advice on how to track down this issue? I'd like to turn on the products cache and see if that helps the server load. Alternately, I'd like someone to help me find the memory bleed on the new host. It may be a setting I can adjust in the php.ini but I don't know what I'd look for.

Thanks!

Oh, btw: the paths etc are exactly the same on the new host. I didn't even have to change the config files. With the Ultimate SEO settings changed the site loads fine.