Plugin Contributions

Default List of changed files from 726 to 728 beta?

I've already started my file comparisons using the beta from 7/26 but notice that there's a new beta download. I didn't see a list of files that have been updated since the last beta, only the full listing of files changed since v1.39h. Is there a list of newly changed files so I don't have to go through the whole list to see what is new since a few days ago?

thanks,

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: List of changed files from 726 to 728 beta?

Ed -

It is a very long list. A full file compare is recommended.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

It's an informal beta release so that developers and users can see what's coming and feed back issues.

Approximately 40 files were changed between the two betas, and I suspect that there are further changes in the pipeline.

So trying to reconcile the changes between these updates is just a quick way to drive yourself mad.

Better to get the gist of the changes now and leave your close analysis until the formal release.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Kim - ok, no problem, I will start again with the 7/28 version and dump what I've started with the 7/26 version.

Kuroi - yes, I assume that there will be several quick updates just like what happened with 1.39. I expect to run several test upgrades with the new versions before even thinking about a "real" upgrade. Last time I did each a,b,c...h upgrade incrementally offline before doing a final run.

And this one looks like a big deal, so I just want to make sure I don't leave anything out!

many thanks,

Ed

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't compare this to the minor releases for 1.3.9. Those were formal releases intended for use on live sites, and there was an average of six weeks between them.

The beta files aren't a formal release. They're a look see of a "close to release ready" fileset that may nevertheless change daily in response to community feedback.

So it's not appropriate to expect the same level of change information between them, or the same stability that you would a formal release. But yes, it is a fairly big deal. That extra security added in 1.3.9 has been taken to a new level in 1.5, so you are right to be taking a close look at what's going on.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)