Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login loop on IIS

I'm in the same boat as this guy. I'm having the same issue. I have been through the steps mentioned in all of the prior information in this thread to no avail...

Ideas?

Mine is in a development server - I'm trying to learn zencart and integrate it with my site before going live on a legit host...

Its a brand new install, its on a local IIS box, I've been through zcinstall twice, so i kno3 my username and login, but it never continues past the login page...I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, clearing out the cookies, etc...no luck...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login Loop

any idea what could be going on?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As said earlier in this discussion, if you're getting a password error, then your username/password is wrong. If you're getting NO error, then you have a sessions/cookie problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I got that part, I am using several browsers on 3 different pc's that I have cleared cookies ad restarted...

I don't know where to go with server side session issues, but I have followed all the instructions above and it hasn't helped..sooo..that's my question, where to go from here...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you can use an Apache setup instead of IIS, to rule that out?
    If you're using an IP address instead of a domain name, that can sometimes be problematic.
    'Local test servers' are seldom configured the way live webservers are, and many times all your problems will quickly disappear by using a real webserver.
    You haven't indicated your PHP version or MySQL version, nor given any details about how exactly your local test server has been built and configured.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Its IIS 7, running MySQL 5.5 and PHP 5.3.6 -I'm using a smattering of firefox and ie browsers, Chrome...

not sure what else you want on config.

All my info is set to route to an actual domain...no internal business...

I'm not running it on a production server because I may not even like zencart. I'm going to attempt to do some development and see if i like the feel of this cart versus others structure wise, but as of now, I can't even get it running good

I realize there are other hosts out there, and If I like the product, ill likely go to that, but for the time being the task at hand is making it work on my box and getting my server to actually run it...

Oddly enough, if i enter the wrong user and pass, i get no error... I'm 98% positive im using the right user and pass because i went through the zcinstall twice and set it...send password doesn't work.
    Last edited by rolo550; 30 Jul 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

So that's the response? No help because its IIS?

Come on man, no need for sarcasm, I'm trying to solve my problems, not divert to other servers and restart on the several hours of work I have in this. Its that simple...I'm not being lazy, I'm trying to fix my config - not start over and spend two days trying to get some other server going...

Please actually help and don't be sarcastic because its not on your favorite platform...solve it on the platform where there is actually the problem...

I don't really care about security - its not on a production box...ill deal with security when its a real store...
    Last edited by rolo550; 30 Jul 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Incidentally, I see the login attempts in the database admin logs...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rolo550 View Post
    Incidentally, I see the login attempts in the database admin logs...
    That confirms that it's a session/cookie mismatch problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login loop on IIS

Ok, Thank you. I appreciate you being willing to continue.

So Following that line of thinking.

1) I have cleared my cache in several browsers on 3 machines. This indicates it is not a cookie/browser thing, right?

So we get to sessions...

I'm not 100% on what you mean...while Im pretty deep in windows platforms and html/css, with php and mysql, im a noob...I need guidance...I try to be diligent and go through the prior forums and faq's , but those routes have not been fruitful - I have checked and rechecked the methods described...I may have missed something, sure, but I feel I have been somewhat thorough

2) where do I go from here - do you feel I have overlooked something? I can give you my url to see whats up if you like...

thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast