Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login Loop

Incidentally, I see the login attempts in the database admin logs...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login Loop

Quote Originally Posted by rolo550 View Post
    Incidentally, I see the login attempts in the database admin logs...
    That confirms that it's a session/cookie mismatch problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login loop on IIS

Ok, Thank you. I appreciate you being willing to continue.

So Following that line of thinking.

1) I have cleared my cache in several browsers on 3 machines. This indicates it is not a cookie/browser thing, right?

So we get to sessions...

I'm not 100% on what you mean...while Im pretty deep in windows platforms and html/css, with php and mysql, im a noob...I need guidance...I try to be diligent and go through the prior forums and faq's , but those routes have not been fruitful - I have checked and rechecked the methods described...I may have missed something, sure, but I feel I have been somewhat thorough

2) where do I go from here - do you feel I have overlooked something? I can give you my url to see whats up if you like...

thanks again...

Plugin Contributions

also, thsi appears odd, but may be nothing...when i look at the admin table, its shows my admin id as "1" but in the log, it shows "0" in the admin id slot on he login attempts...

Plugin Contributions

another thing, is that when one goes to create customers, one puts in all the information, clicks submit - its clearly processing becasue it will do the password check and return a fail if they don't match, but when one submits, it just brings back up the customer info screen with empty fields....

when i look in my address book or customer tables, there is nothing in it...it looks like that part isn't working either...so is that session related/related to my issue as well?

Plugin Contributions

So , as mentioned by other posters, I installed XAMPP. The website is up and hosting...still doing the same thing...

Plugin Contributions

I'm uninstalling everything - IIS, the whole 9, then ran XAMPP, everything us up...still no login, still putting the fails in the database......

Comments?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

also, thsi appears odd, but may be nothing...when i look at the admin table, its shows my admin id as "1" but in the log, it shows "0" in the admin id slot on he login attempts...
    The 0 is because when the page is first drawn there is no admin id yet because you're not logged in.
    It only uses a non-zero value when a login actually completes.
    another thing, is that when one goes to create customers, one puts in all the information, clicks submit - its clearly processing becasue it will do the password check and return a fail if they don't match, but when one submits, it just brings back up the customer info screen with empty fields....

when i look in my address book or customer tables, there is nothing in it...it looks like that part isn't working either...so is that session related/related to my issue as well?
    Yes.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What cookies are set in your browser?
    What is the zenAdminID cookie value set to?
    What domain name is in that cookie?
    How does that domain name compare with the domain name you're using in your browser?

What language is your browser using by default?
    What language is your store set up for? If not the default of english, try that first.

What version of Zen Cart are you using for all this?

When you say you've tested from 3 different computers, does that mean you've installed Zen Cart on 3 different computers?
    Or are you using a separate dedicated server and merely trying to access that server from those 3 computers?
    How are you managing DNS? What's providing nameserver services for those computers to access the Zen Cart site?
    Are you using a domain name or just an IP address? You'll note that the FAQ article mentioned earlier ( https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=281 ) points out that using an IP address alone can be problematic, and since that's not a real-world scenario for a live store, it's best to switch to a named domain to gain access.

Have you tried installing XAMPP locally on your PC and testing it there directly? That might help rule out your home-networking environment as the cause.

Plugin Contributions

Apologies for my non response. I have been out of town and haven't been able to spend much time messing with the cart. i installed xampp on a win 7 laptop, edited the host to redirect my domain name back into the local machine and it works...

never got it to work on IIS on two separate boxes, but as mentioned before my goal is development not deployment, so getting it up and running is all i care about...

Thanks for the help, I'm sure more questions will be coming...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12